• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Gods Obligation?

A

angellous_evangellous

I think so, but then no one would be in hell.

.lava

Veteran Member
Is god obligated to do everything that he can to keep people from going to hell?

hi,

there is no authority greater than the Creater. it doesnot have obligations. but the Creator loves us so much.
prophets are proof for that. messengers as well.
each Book that offered by God explained and gave the one and only recipe to be happy here and after life.

under one condition people could enter heaven. if one has a wish to reach God, deserves the key of heaven. that simple.

KingM

I don't understand hell, frankly. If God is all powerful, all good, and also the creator of the Universe, why didn't He simply create some other universe that doesn't allow for eternal hellfire and damnation?

I'm forced to conclude that either God is not all powerful, not all good, not the creator of the Universe, or that there is no such place as hell where people are tormented.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
As I believe there is no fiery furnace, and that people separate themselves from God, then I think that He already has done every thing He can to keep people away from hell. After all, anyone can accept God any time they want to. If someone separates themselves from God, they are in "hell" already even if they live.

A

angellous_evangellous

As I believe there is no fiery furnace, and that people separate themselves from God, then I think that He already has done every thing He can to keep people away from hell. After all, anyone can accept God any time they want to. If someone separates themselves from God, they are in "hell" already even if they live.

How powerful do you think God is?

Super Universe

Defender of God
Is god obligated to do everything that he can to keep people from going to hell?

No.

I don't understand hell, frankly. If God is all powerful, all good, and also the creator of the Universe, why didn't He simply create some other universe that doesn't allow for eternal hellfire and damnation?

I'm forced to conclude that either God is not all powerful, not all good, not the creator of the Universe, or that there is no such place as hell where people are tormented.

Ah, you want what you want without having to work for it, without having to learn and experience. Sorry, but that's not the way the universe is designed.

Hell is not eternal torture. It's an existence where the most strong selfish beings rule over the weaker ones. You go there because of the life you choose to live, not because it's punishment.

Super Universe

Defender of God
He is only as powerful as you imagine him to be. He never does anything.

If He stops doing what He is doing your precious gravity will cease.

If He stops doing what He is doing everything you know will turn off, like a movie projector that quits.

You think the big bang created the universe? God creates it at each and every moment.

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Super Universe said:

If He stops doing what He is doing everything you know will turn off, like a movie projector that quits.

You think the big bang created the universe? God creates it at each and every moment.

Is God the Universe?

Listen to the words of Lucifer, creator of all knowledge and wisdom, of all science and alchemy, for I shall only explain once the secret of Creation! The things of this temporal world exist because it is within their nature to persist. If they were not so, then they wouldn’t be.

Gaze upon the world—from the cosmic to the infinitesimal. One perceives an interplay of Chaos and Order, but both serve to sustain the other. They are the Left and Right hands of my Father.

In the beginning there were both primordial order and chaos. The fundamental laws of existence would rise and fall, change and transmute. Within this seething cauldron would form small islands of stability—small universes—that existed with their own sets of physical laws and fundamental principles. They would form and grow and eventually become unstable and die to return back to the Void, reverting back into non-existence—that is until there arose the First. The First that could grow and give birth to its own children.

Imagine, my dear Astarte, a universe budding and replicating in its own image. Just like a human that starts from a single cell, so this universe began. And then it grew and expanded rapidly, as the fundamental laws of this first cell divided and replicated unto itself— growing ever larger. This is the driving force behind universal expansion.

Do you not see that even this universe is but one small bud in a giant cosmic tree of life? Universes upon universes reaching backwards beyond time itself. Parallel universes and ancestral universes. Universes not yet come into being, yet all existing simultaneously, going beyond time and space itself.

This is the secret of the Creation.

This is the living body of my Father—the flesh and blood of the universe.

This is the image of God.

blackout

Violet.
No.

Hell is not eternal torture. It's an existence where the most strong selfish beings rule over the weaker ones. You go there because of the life you choose to live, not because it's punishment.

That would be exactly what we have right here.
Sometimes we create our own hells.
Sometimes we allow more powerful selfish beings
to create our hells for us...
(then often we even pay and "laud" them for it).

The world, all of creation,
literally BECOMES the vision we buy into.
That is actually an INCREDIBLE gift.

That people buy into hellish nightmares,
and gift wrap them in colorful tongues of ribbon,
is not really God's fault.

Still there are amazing signs present in our realities,
at all times....
symbols, hints, clues....
calling us out of the illusions of our self made hells.

I like to believe that every being will one day
awaken to the signs and symbols of the living world that is (in) God.
I like to believe that one day every soul will awaken to their birthright,
and create ever NEW realities .... in an AWAKENED inVisioning.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
It's my thought that if there is a God and if he created hell, he obviously wanted some people to end up there. Otherwise, why create such a place?

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur

Nope. It is God's obligation to allow us our agency.

It's a cute question though, the punchline of course would be:

If God is obligated to do everything he can to keep people from going to hell, either nobody will go to hell or God is not all powerful.

and then I imagine you would add, if nobody is going to hell, why worry and if God is not all powerful, why worship him... or something like that.

I guess it's a bummer when your premises are incorrect eh?

Aasimar

Atheist

What is God's refresh rate anyway?

LogDog

Nope. It is God's obligation to allow us our agency.

It's a cute question though, the punchline of course would be:

If God is obligated to do everything he can to keep people from going to hell, either nobody will go to hell or God is not all powerful.

and then I imagine you would add, if nobody is going to hell, why worry and if God is not all powerful, why worship him... or something like that.

I guess it's a bummer when your premises are incorrect eh?

What's a bummer is that so many people accept as "truth" the wishful thinking and fabrications of Bronze Age goat herders.

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
What is hell?

Emo this:
You're on the checkout line at a supermarket. There are seven people in front of you. They are all old. They all have two carts and coupons for every item. They are all paying by check. None of them have ID. It's the checkout girl's first day on the job. She doesn't speak any English. Take away fifteen minutes from that, and you begin to get an idea of what hell is.