• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is it possible for believers to believe the Bible has mistakes in it?

outhouse

Atheistically
I think that believing and teaching that God said all the words in scripture makes it so much more important to be sure you read what was originally written.

You: God says this
God: No, I didn't
You: Yes, You did!
God: No, really, I didn't.
You: But You said you said it all.
God: I AM SORRY, I didn't say all the things you say I said.

These are all good points.

One has top remember context here. If one had pure and good thoughts, and wrote these down with the best interest of the religion and people, they were claimed to be gods voice speaking through the person writing. So it is an assumption and that is the context we have to use. It also explains why we have so many different legends and mythology describing the same events differently. It is a mistake to claim god inspired every word because its just not the case and it cheapens the epic literature, that was edited over hundreds and hundreds of years as cultures evolved.