• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is It Wrong To Hate Abrahamic Religion?

Is Abrahamic religious thought depraved and deeply immoral?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I think if any religion threatens or life and our way of living, then we should hate it, and destroy it, just like we destroy a diseases.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I don't hate anyone or anything. Never have. People have the choice to hate, however.

I am surprised to see someone advocating ''hate'' as a choice or freedom of speech. Hatred and dislike should be different things,shouldn't they?

Jeremy Taylor

Growing up, I was told repeatedly by Christians that we need to draw a distinction between the sin of people, i.e., the sin of homosexuality, and their "status" as a beloved image of God. So I propose that we invert that formula and see where it takes us.

If I think that Abrahamic religion, all of it, is a depraved path to child sexual abuse, religious ignorance and intolerance, etcetera, isn't that perfectly acceptable? I mean, isn't it equivalent to the way that mainstream Abrahamic leaders/institutions treat homosexuals, feminists and pagans? Is there any moral objection to believing that Abrahamic religion is deeply immoral and should be discouraged and, where possible, penalized? And if that is somehow taboo, how is that any different from how Abrahamics view minority religions, genders, or sexualities?

At no point do you show any reason why the Abrahamic are immoral or even wrong in their moral judgments, except for an explicit but entirely unargued appeal to contemporary mores about sex (gender is a grammatical term), homosexuality, and other religions - which you lump together. This is just grandstanding.

Jeremy Taylor

Sorry to disappoint, but intolerance of things like homophobia, racism, sexism, etc. is honorable, imho. Do you disagree?
These terms denote very different issues. When it comes to so called homophobia, I would certainly wait to see the individual involved had done more than unreflexively imbibed assumptions from the contemporary culture to form their intolerance homophobia. It tends to be the case that those who cry loudly about homophobia have simply assumed the present mores about sexual morality are true, and given no thought or time to traditional understandings (for example, natural law understandings). They are bigots in the truest sense.

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I am surprised to see someone advocating ''hate'' as a choice or freedom of speech. Hatred and dislike should be different things,shouldn't they?
I must be getting really old. Of course hate and dislike are different things. Hatred is a choice; do you think that Hitler was born hating Jewish people or that KKK members are born hating blacks? You know and I know they were not.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I must be getting really old. Of course hate and dislike are different things. Hatred is a choice; do you think that Hitler was born hating Jewish people or that KKK members are born hating blacks? You know and I know they were not.

Hatred should and can be cured. If it were a choice ,did not need to be cured. I am wrong?

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Hatred should and can be cured. If it were a choice ,did not need to be cured. I am wrong?
Wrong? I don't know.
I disagree with you: Hatred doesn't need to be cured, it needs to be stopped. It is not a disease. I still say hatred is a choice.

Anger is not a choice, and anger does not lead to hatred. We, in my opinion, get angry at those we love the most.