• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Jesus Christ a God or Do You Beleive in Jesus the Human ?

Deidre

According to the story in the NT, Jesus didn't want to be treated as a god. At least that is how the story reads to me.

I don't believe He's "a" God. I believe he's one of the three persons of God. He's part of God, if you will. He's the part of God that came down to Earth and took human form, after which He ascended back to Paradise to continue being a part of God.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Jesus is God. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." mere humans don't fulfill the Law.

He was claiming to be the awaited Jewish Messiah, - whom was a HUMAN from the line of David. Not a God.

SO - obviously a human could fulfill the Jewish Prophets.

syo

Jesus perfected the Law. he said later on "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, 'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

he took the commandments and perfected them.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Since the Torah says that the Law is from God, how could anyone have "perfected" them? Did God goof?

syo

Since the Torah says that the Law is from God, how could anyone have "perfected" them? Did God goof?
that's a good question. a law from god is already perfect. the orthodox christians believe that Jesus took a perfect law and combined it with the message of Love.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
that's a good question. a law from god is already perfect. the orthodox christians believe that Jesus took a perfect law and combined it with the message of Love.
The message of "LOVE" is implicit in the Law itself since it teaches compassion and justice for all.

Reactions: syo

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
he is not a mere human,he must have a connection with God.

Which does NOT mean he has to be superhuman, or a God/part of a trinity, etc.

Tanakh does NOT say their Messiah will be a deity. He is from the line of David, - which I might add, - Jesus apparently is not.

Politesse

Amor Vincit Omnia
So you believe that a law without love can be perfect?