• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is mrscardero A Racist?

cardero

Citizen Mod
As many RF members know mrscardero has clownaphobia which is a disorder that produces an uneasy or adverse effect or fear towards performers wearing makeup (and in mrscardero’s case, this fear can very well carry over to people named Clarabell). I recently learned that this phobia can be considered a form of prejudice. Is this true? Is mrscardero a racist?

Please feel free to speak frankly, do not hold anything back. We do not have to worry about mrscardero eavesdropping on this thread because she will never get past the OP. Both Tim Curry and I have made sure of this.

tim12.jpg

kai

ragamuffin
is being a clown a race issue ?or a lifestyle decision? hey i have lots of Harlequins as friends and i don't see it as problem

cardero

Citizen Mod
is being a clown a race issue ?or a lifestyle decision? hey i have lots of Harlequins as friends and i don't see it as problem
Now we know that there are some people who are prejudiced towards homosexuals (lifestyle) and that there are some people who are bigoted to people of race (or color). Doesn't Clownaphobia seem to fall into both these catagories?

kai

ragamuffin
Now we know that there are some people who are prejudiced towards homosexuals (lifestyle) and that there are some people who are bigoted to people of race (or color). Doesn't Clownaphobia seem to fall into both these catagories?

well i hate to admit it but you cant love everybody all the time, its unnatural!

cardero

Citizen Mod
well i hate to admit it but you cant love everybody all the time, its unnatural!
The radio show where I learned of this infromation went on to speculate that if we can figure out how to cure people of Clownaphobia we can put all the hate and fear of every prejudice aside. I thought that was an ambitious sentiment. I have been desperately trying to cure mrscardero of Clownphobia.

kai

ragamuffin
The radio show where I learned of this infromation went on to speculate that if we can figure out how to cure people of Clownaphobia we can put all the hate and fear of every prejudice aside. I thought that was an ambitious sentiment. I have been desperately trying to cure mrscardero of Clownphobia.

you have to confront your fears head on , which means you will have to go out and rent a clown suit.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
She's right to fear and hate clowns. I believe that there is a race of mutant superclowns who are enacting a plot to bring about the end of the world.

Here's a photo of their leader:

hagee.jpg

Smoke

Done here.
I'm sure that Mrs. Cardero is not the type to prejudiced against a person because the colors of his skin are different from her own. Many people feel a reasonable sense of misgiving in the presence of evil.

evilclown.jpg

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
That's amazing! My wife has the same phobia...along with being supremely creeped out by realisitic wooden hand puppets and marionettes.

cardero

Citizen Mod
I'm sure that Mrs. Cardero is not the type to prejudiced against a person because the colors of his skin are different from her own. Many people feel a reasonable sense of misgiving in the presence of evil.

evilclown.jpg

I would have to disagree. For example, mrscardero does not have any trouble with The Batman's arch villian, The Joker (which is evil incarnate). I was concerned that her fear of clowns would prevent her from going to see the new Batman movie becasue the Joker in that film is made up to represent pure Nightmare Fuel. When she was reading my Batman comic collection and the Joker would appear, I questioned her about why she was able to get through those comics and she said (get this) that "I don't have a problem with the Joker becasue he does not have a red, rubber (read:bulbous) nose". So now there exists a prejudicial preference within the prejudice. Let's face it, I am just going to have to come to terms with the fact that my wife is a racist.

cardero

Citizen Mod
That's amazing! My wife has the same phobia...along with being supremely creeped out by realisitic wooden hand puppets and marionettes.
I sort of have a thing about those Holiday animatronics. It is not a phobia per se but it is unnatural nonetheless.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Ventriloquist dummies are also very creepy.

dead-silence-150x150

magic.jpg

I think it's the eyes. The cold, empty stare of those eyes looking into my soul and stealing the life from me . . . {shudder**

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I recently learned that this phobia can be considered a form of prejudice. Is this true? Is mrscardero a racist?
Phobias, as with any fear based emotion, are completely irrational. While they can be borne of a deep seated hate or resentment, they are usually far more pronounced and manifest themselves as merely being frightened.

Since clowns can be ANY race, then it's safe to assume that she is not being a racist even though she may suffer from Coulrophobia. Sould she want to overcome this phobia, I would suggest whe start here: CLOWN PHOBIA: Treatment and Hope

zenzero

Its only a Label
friend Cardero,
No idea idf clownophobia can be equated to racism BUt then we are all Racist in another sense.
We all belong to the human race and are biased towards our race.
Love & rgds

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Lol, I wouldn't say it's racist at all. I think it's because they look human, but not quite human - with unnatural additions, like the red nose and the painted smile, it makes them look disturbingly manufactured.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
The make up, the crazy costumes...you have to wonder; what are these people hiding?

My guess is....something.

PureX

Veteran Member
Some forms of racism are justifiable, and clownism is one of these. To hate clowns is a good and moral undertaking. MrsCardero should be applauded for her superior discernment.

stuff that is ok to be creaped out by

clowns
boots in male weakspot
needles
10 foot tall spiders
hobo's
ventrilocists
your mom naked
------------------------------

yep clowns is one of them

i remember it like the day of yesterday when the ventrilocist clown hobo wandered in on its 10 foot tall spider, trowing needles around and kicking man in there weak spot while riding of with my naked mom