• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is owning Guns good or bad?

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
comprehend said:
How much would you say all that training is going to cost? Legal training, psychological testing, background checks (they already do an FBI background check on gun purchases), extensive field training...

It sounds to me like you would be making it too expensive for poor people to own guns....

Everything is too expensive for poor people, that's why they are referred to as poor. And it isn't in our best interest to make guns a cheap, easy to own commodity like milk or condemns. Guns are extremely dangerous, so it requires people to take extreme care. Its not an unreasonable position. The constitution promises us we can have guns, but it doesn't promise them at discount prices.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
comprehend said:
Yes! We need BIGGER Brother! The more control we give the government over our lives, the safer we will be! :areyoucra

BTW - Have you ever seen the video of the Ronald Reagan shooting? Those Secret Service guys pull Uzi's out of thin air (seemingly) I don't know how they concealed those babies. There are guys with hand-guns in the clip but also guys with machine guns. It is wickedly awesome.

Video of attempt

:magic:
It's amazing what you can hide with the right holster and a good tailor.;)

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Radio Frequency X said:
Everything is too expensive for poor people, that's why they are referred to as poor. And it isn't in our best interest to make guns a cheap, easy to own commodity like milk or condemns. Guns are extremely dangerous, so it requires people to take extreme care. Its not an unreasonable position. The constitution promises us we can have guns, but it doesn't promise them at discount prices.

people used the same reasoning for Jim Crow laws once....

By making the process for getting a gun very expensive, you make it so poor people would not be able to afford something they otherwise may have been able to.

It isn't the government's job to make guns cheap but it isn't their right to make it too expensive for the common man either. All of that training would likely be in the thousands of dollars, not many people could or would pay for it. Black market gun trade would explode. I think it would hurt more than help.

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
comprehend said:
people used the same reasoning for Jim Crow laws once....

By making the process for getting a gun very expensive, you make it so poor people would not be able to afford something they otherwise may have been able to.

It isn't the government's job to make guns cheap but it isn't their right to make it too expensive for the common man either. All of that training would likely be in the thousands of dollars, not many people could or would pay for it. Black market gun trade would explode. I think it would hurt more than help.

Then poor people, if they really want to own a gun, will have to make proper financial arrangements. Everyone has to have priorities with how to deal with their money. Relaxing restrictions that keep us safe, just so guns will be more easily affordable just doesn't make any sense to me.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Radio Frequency X said:
Then poor people, if they really want to own a gun, will have to make proper financial arrangements. Everyone has to have priorities with how to deal with their money. Relaxing restrictions that keep us safe, just so guns will be more easily affordable just doesn't make any sense to me.

sheesh, cold hearted. I see it as the government putting up obsticles in the way rather than relaxing restrictions. We don't have those rules now, so how would you understand it to be relaxing restrictions to not use the suggested rules?