• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is President Bush Really Concerned About the Environment?

Bishka

Veteran Member
And energy costs like he claims to be in his speech found here to the Renewable Energy Conference as of recently? Or is he just words?

President Bush said:
Energy is -- look, let me just put it bluntly: We're too dependent on oil. We are a -- (applause.) And see, low gasoline prices may mask that concern. So, first, I want to tell you that I welcome the low gasoline prices, however it's not going to dim my enthusiasm for making sure we diversify away from oil.

Do you think he really means this?

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
No. He's an oil baron, it's not in his personal best interests to encourage alternate energy source usage. This is just a hollow PR presentation.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Halcyon said:
No. He's an oil baron, it's not in his personal best interests to encourage alternate energy source usage. This is just a hollow PR presentation.
That's what I figured, what would be the point other then PR for this? Dubya can't be fishing for votes since he is out after this term, would this be just to boost his approval ratings?

Bishka

Veteran Member
jmoum said:
If he can make himself look good, he can make the Republican Party look good as well. So that might be part of his intent.
Personally, I don't think there is much he can do to make himself look better.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Devil's_Chaplain said:
I'm not completely sure he is even aware of the problem. Either that or he is simply in denial.

Wow, I must be tired today.

My mind did a little brain-fart and Freudian slip and stuck stupidity in where denial was.

:rolleyes::eek::yes::D

Booko

Deviled Hen
beckysoup61 said:
And energy costs like he claims to be in his speech found here to the Renewable Energy Conference as of recently? Or is he just words?

If you want to find out what someone really believes, pay no attention to what he says. Watch what he does.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Shrub wants to be known as a good president. But he fails miserably. I feel he now wants to become a nukleyar baron:
Shrub said:
-- Sun City Center, Florida, May 9, 2006We got to be wise about our energy policy. I happen to believe in nukyular power. I believe nukyular power -- I know nukyular power is renewable, and it protects the environment.
This is worrisome since nuclear energy is NOT renewable. Why doesn't he understand this? He says it all the time.

Shrub said:
-- Washington, D.C., Mar. 29, 2006 We -- first of all, there is -- the globe is warming. The fundamental debate, is it manmade or natural. Put that aside.
This is incredibly worrisome. Put it aside?

Shrub said:
Trenton, New Jersey, Sep. 23, 2002We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.
This says it all for me.

lizskid

BANNED
NetDoc said:
This is worrisome since nuclear energy is NOT renewable. Why doesn't he understand this? He says it all the time.

Uh.....because he's really not very bright????? He believes his own lies when he's said them enough....he forgets they are lies. Sort of like he forgets he's ever made a mistake in his life.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
George said:
-- Washington, D.C., Mar. 29, 2006 We -- first of all, there is -- the globe is warming. The fundamental debate, is it manmade or natural. Put that aside.
Wait. Your country speaks English, right (or a version of it anyway)? Why does your president sound like a poor translation from Japanese?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]From a White House Press Briefing, May 7, 2001

REPORTER: Is one of the problems with this, and the entire energy field, American lifestyles? Does the President believe that, given the amount of energy Americans consume per capita, how much it exceeds any other citizen in any other country in the world, does the President believe we need to correct our lifestyles to address the energy problem?
[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]ARI FLEISCHER: That's a big no. The President believes that it's an American way of life, and that it should be the goal of policy makers to protect the American way of life. The American way of life is a blessed one. And we have a bounty of resources in this country. What we need to do is make certain that we're able to get those resources in an efficient way, in a way that also emphasizes protecting the environment and conservation, into the hands of consumers so they can make the choices that they want to make as they live their lives day to day. [/FONT]

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Halcyon said:
Wait. Your country speaks English, right (or a version of it anyway)? Why does your president sound like a poor translation from Japanese?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: I feel asleep... (any one who get's that is an OLD SCHOOL gamer)