• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Religious Forums A Genuine Community?

Inky

I do think of this place as a community. There are so many people here who are kind and supportive of others' explorations and questions. Even though I rarely have one-on-one conversations with regular posters it's easy to think of many of them as friends.

(I'm officially de-lurking today, for anybody who read when I was on hiatus.)

Ever learning

I was lurking around for a while before I joined. What I liked most about this place is, that even though there are so many people of different beliefs, people treat each other civil and are displaying tolerance.

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Every community is held together by rules, often of the community's making. You may feel that the rules have been imposed, but many of them were developed with the assistance of the Mod Squad, who were and are members of the forum originally, just like everyone else.

As for this being a message board like any other... I think it is relationships that make a community. I know I have made friends here, which is something I can't say about other forums in which I participate. So I contend that yes, this is a genuine community.

I agree. :)

love

tri-polar optimist
Is Religious Forums a genuine community? Why or why not?

Last, is it true that MaddLlama, The Truth and Panda are in cahoots to create the world's largest used gum ball, which they plan to display on a world tour in order to bring about peace to all nations, or is that just another silly RF rumor no one knows how it got started?
I vote why not. I come in fairly regular to put my two cents worth in.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Now open to the RF COMMUNITY: Comet's Chocolate Bubblegum, Coffee, and Doughnut House!

Chocolate Bubblegum: 1 RF dollar
Coffee: 1 Frubal giving
Doughnuts: Free to all RF members with purchase of one Bubblegum or Coffee :drool:

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
"Is Religious Forums A Genuine Community?"

Are you kidding? All I know is I spend alot more time talking with the people in here, and have much more meaningful conversations, than I ever do with my nieghbors, my co-workers, or even my housemate.

I also feel like the people in here know a bunch more about me---at least as far as how I think and feel about things---than anyone else in my life right now.

I'd probably live here if I could.

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Probably not. the majority of the people I see posting have liberal ideals

Edit: ah, I thought you meant that religious forums was a community in the poll sorta way. If you mean an actual community, I guess so

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Probably not. the majority of the people I see posting have liberal ideals

Edit: ah, I thought you meant that religious forums was a community in the poll sorta way. If you mean an actual community, I guess so

Why would a community be based only on political affiliation? :sarcastic

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
Why would a community be based only on political affiliation? :sarcastic
If you collect data for a poll form an area, you want to make sure it is an accurate representation of the community about the poll. If your data source- or where you are taking the poll- is a "community", it more or less has similar proportions of <insert condition here> to the entire population.
Political view have nothing to do with actually being a community, but in a statistical sense it does.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I would like to believe we are a community. Let's put it to a test. Communities help each other.

My heart has been heavy when I heard about the hardships Fully veiled has had to endure and how she has slipped through the cracks in regards to health insurance.

Could RF have some sort of fund raiser for her?

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I would like to believe we are a community. Let's put it to a test. Communities help each other.

My heart has been heavy when I heard about the hardships Fully veiled has had to endure and how she has slipped through the cracks in regards to health insurance.

Could RF have some sort of fund raiser for her?

I have wanted to help two or three members over the years, but my being in the U.k makes it prohibitively expensive............

I should Add that a certain Member (whom I shan't embarass by naming her), asked if it was possible to ensure that when a member "suddenly disappeared" that we have some sort of method of making sure they were O.K.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I should Add that a certain Member (whom I shan't embarass by naming her), asked if it was possible to ensure that when a member "suddenly disappeared" that we have some sort of method of making sure they were O.K.

I like that idea (and Rick's idea), but with the amount of members I wonder how feasible that would be (especially when it comes to members that don't post that often or tend to stay invisible).

This community helps a lot as it is, I think. When a member needs support or prayers, they often post a member announcement and get prayers and positive energy aplenty! I remember when Retrorich passed on, the community was saddened and came together to remember him. That's the spirit of a community!