• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Rush Limbaugh a Christian?

Agnostic75

Rush Limbaugh is a professing Christian, but if a God inspired the Bible, is his position that Rush Limbaugh is a Christian, and will have eternal life? I do not think so.

connermt

Rush Limbaugh is a professing Christian, but if a God inspired the Bible, is his position that Rush Limbaugh is a Christian, and will have eternal life? I do not think so.

Any "eternal life" he may or may not have is no one's concern other than his. And he likely doesn't care our opinions about him in that matter, unless if deals with money and influence.
Beyond that, he's an intelligent idiot - a true oxymoronic human being. Having said that, maybe he is a christian afterall.....?

Trey of Diamonds

If Christians are the Jedi, Rush is a Sith Lord.

Not really. The Sith knowingly are evil while Rush believes himself to be virtuous. He is a man who commits evil unknowingly in the name of God.

Is he a Christian, sure, why wouldn't he be? If we were to decide that only good Christians could be labeled true Christians there wouldn't be that many left. :rolleyes:

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
The Sith considered themselves virtuous, too, I think. Palpatine claimed to be ushering in peace (defined, controlled and ordered by himself, of course). And the philosophy that one should be driven by one's own ambitions, and thus fueled by one's own fear, is pretty much the same philosophy as that of Ayn Rand.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What's a Christian?

A Christian is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your needs.

Some will say of course Rush is a Christian. He is doing good.

Others will say of course Rush is a Christian. He is doing evil.

Rush is a guy who makes a lot of money making fun of Democrats. I wish he was a little less bias. There is plenty of reason to make fun of Republicans as well.

waitasec

Veteran Member

rush limbaugh is no more christian then my pinky is...
he's an opportunist, a rich one.

Trey of Diamonds

rush limbaugh is no more christian then my pinky is...
he's an opportunist, a rich one.

Are you saying that Rush is pretending to be Christian or that rich opportunist Christians don't exist? :sarcastic It is certainly possible that Rush is pretending but I don't think so. He's not a good person but that doesn't mean he can't be a Christian.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I won't pass judgment on his spiritual status -- although I have my opinions...
The only thing I know is that Senator Franken spoke the truth: "Rush Limbaugh is a big, fat idiot."

CynthiaCypher

Are you saying that Rush is pretending to be Christian or that rich opportunist Christians don't exist? :sarcastic It is certainly possible that Rush is pretending but I don't think so. He's not a good person but that doesn't mean he can't be a Christian.

He is not. He is a follower of Ayn Rand. You can't be a Christian and a Randroid at the same time, that would be like saying you are a Christian Nihilist or a Gay Republican...it just wouldn't make any sense.

waitasec

Veteran Member

point taken.
:D

CynthiaCypher

By they do exist. Christians who are fans of Rand might not make sense, either, but that doesn't mean they don't exist (Conservative Christians in general are rife with contradictory views).

Why doesn't all their heads explode from all that cognitive dissonance?

Trey of Diamonds

He is not. He is a follower of Ayn Rand. You can't be a Christian and a Randroid at the same time, that would be like saying you are a Christian Nihilist or a Gay Republican...it just wouldn't make any sense.

So if Gay Republicans can exist Rush can be a Christian?

Home - - Log Cabin Republicans -

Log Cabin Republicans is the only Republican organization dedicated to representing the interests of gay and lesbian Americans and their allies. The 30-year old organization has state and local chapters nationwide, a full-time office in Washington, DC, a federal political action committee and state political action committees

Any other strange logic you want to throw out there?