• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is science interested in finding God ?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
No.

Where would it get started? Which field of science would it take?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Is science interested in finding God ?

Science has no interests. Science is just a method to test what we believe is true.
However some individual scientist might have this interest if they can come up with a method to falsify some of the beliefs about God.

How they'd go about that, I'm not really sure since God doesn't make themselves available for testing.
I mean how would you go about falsifying any of the many different beliefs about God.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Which god? And what do you mean by "finding" it?

I mean, from my perspective as a Pagan - where the gods are literally all the stuff of reality and then some - science is the study of the gods through methodological naturalism. Somehow, I doubt this is what you meant.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Until then no interest at all in God ?
You're asking if a tool and a methodology is a person. That statement makes no sense. Science is a tool for discovering HOW the universe works. Some questions are not relevant to the scientific method and you've asked one of them.