• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

is starseed awakening real?

is the awakening of starseeds a real phenomenon? once had an experience when i was 18 and everyone said i had been taking too many drugs.. but i don't even do drugs.. it was a rollercoster ride, i heard voices in my head telling me of future events,an impending war, ETs on earth. some people seemed to change into wierd faces.. i saw rainbows in the living room. the star contestallations at night came alive and i was almost travelling to other galaxies..i saw ancient cavemen and the beginning of earth and the Nickelodeon cartoon prometheus and BOB kept ringing in my head..am a psychology undergraduate and people say am reading too much, but this all happened before majoring..some help on this please...

Last edited:

apophenia

Don't sweat it.

This would happen to lots of people if they turned off their iPhones and TVs. Which is why they don't turn them off I think.

Your brain produces powerful psychedelics from time to time. Just a fact of life. IMO your experience indicates that your brain may be more likely to pump exotic serotonin variants (like DMT) than other folk. Some people respond by making art or poetry, some have a big drama and their ego gets out of hand, some treat it as a cosmic tap on the shoulder and investigate consciousness.

I suggest a few things - find out a little about your endocrine system, and take up yoga/meditation if you haven't already. Also be aware of the huge range of visionary states which humans experience ( maybe read Joseph Campbell to get a little perspective, if you haven't already), and maintain an almost disinterested stance in relation to your own experiences. Neither attract nor repel them.

And don't 'believe' stuff. "There is more to heaven and earth " etc. It is too easy to attach constructed meanings to spontaneous peak experiences. The range of possible experiences exceeds anyone's imagination.

My name is Bob BTW :D Bob Zero.

I would also recommend that you don't try to go there again (by using substances) You now know that your brain can go into trip mode by itself. Respect that, and nurture your inner capabilities gently, patiently and naturally. Don't get attached to 'extraordinary states', and conversely, don't be attached to 'ordinary states'.

so, its all because of a chemical imbalance plus too much fantasy movies.. strangely, since that episode, ive been stumbling upon data and facts that confirm stuff from my trip..like the kundalini phenomenon, it seems to be very real and believable..clairaudience, i didnt even know such things had a name..but since then, never really been in that ranting trancelike state because its now something i understand and part of my reality which i ve accepted. like X-men, Jean Grey and Xavier.. hahaha

apophenia

You seem to have misinterpreted my post.

I am not dismissing your experience at all. Just giving some advice based on lots of experience.

Read it again, without the idea that I am being negative or cynical.

i seem to get your drift..so you are saying such states naturally occur and there could be more to it.. i now mostly channel the energy which seems to be running through me like a whirlpool into art and graphics..and i sincerely believe that there must be more to that, but i was never the religious kind though i did feed into my experience some of my own personal religious and cultural beliefs.. do you think there are beings on some other dimensions who are channeling info to humankind? or is just a fad? or am going nuts?

apophenia

i seem to get your drift..so you are saying such states naturally occur and there could be more to it.. i now mostly channel the energy which seems to be running through me like a whirlpool into art and graphics..and i sincerely believe that there must be more to that, but i was never the religious kind though i did feed into my experience some of my own personal religious and cultural beliefs.. do you think there are beings on some other dimensions who are channeling info to humankind? or is just a fad? or am going nuts?

Honestly, I don't think there is a nice neat answer to your questions.

This is why I was suggesting being unattached to both ordinary and extraordinary states and experiences.

I have lived a life characterised by extraordinary experiences, and I spent a lot of time and energy trying to arrive at a unified theory to explain them, or a way to control or use them.

You can go loopy that way.

Without a doubt, the mind can 'receive' information which turns out to be 'correct', in ways which defy explanation. Some people, you and I included, have such experiences. From what I have observed, an attempt to understand and explain it is most likely to result in a complicated mental construct which is ultimately of no use to you or anyone else, and which can take you to the doorway of madness.

Accept what happens. Don't push the river. I know that that is not a very satisfying answer, but I have seen cases of people who cannot simply accept the extraordinary.

To put it very simply - you will probably never understand the nature of these experiences, and the idea that you should or could understand them doesn't turn out to be helpful.

Think of it like this - a sunrise is beautiful, and can have powerful emotional effects, but you will will never have an objective and satisfactory explanation as to why.

Just enjoy the sunrise, accept the extraordinary when it happens, and don't bend your head over how and why. You will be happier and more at ease that way.