• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is suicide sin?

IceFire

dan said:
So everything is subjective? Great, you've destroyed the universe again.
How do you know the universe exists? It could be a manifestation, not saying that it is, but it could be.

Scott1

IceFire,

But weither or not a person excepts that action as immoral is based on what someone believes.

Which ever one wants to pass moral judgement.

How do you know the universe exists? It could be a manifestation, not saying that it is, but it could be.
Give me a break...... a world without right or wrong, good or evil, or even an universe to contain the notions......... :eek:

Am I even posting this???...... what if my computer is not really here.........??

My brain hurts...... gotta go................. or am I even here????? :p

Peace,
Scott

(Q)

I always refer to the baseball bat when discussing the existence of the universe or ourselves.

The baseball bat can be shown to have both particle and wave functions, therefore its existence can be based on random quantum events and may not exist at all.

However, a sharp blow across the forehead with a baseball bat will confirm its existence.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
At the risk of getting this thread back on topic... :rolleyes:

Suicide is a selfish and cowardly act. Whether or not you define it as a 'sin', is up to you. There are many belief systems, and the concept of 'sin' varies between them. I don't think suicide is a sin, but I do think it's a waste. I also wouldn't categorise all people who commit suicide as "mentally ill"...that takes the responsibility of the action away from the person doing it. There is always a choice. I chose to think about the people I would leave behind, and what it would do to them. I wish more people did that. Someone always has to find you, and that's something that would stay with them for life...

Linus

I agree, bastet. Even if you don't believe in sin, suicide is a waste of life. I have always heard the saying that it is a permantent solution to a temprorary problem. And probably the worst way to solve a problem I can think of