• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the evolutionary doctrine a racist doctrine?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If I were to spend time explaining to someone why a human is not an animal and an animal is not a human, I would be another one with some mental problem.

A normal human would neither need it explained to them, nor believe that someone who needs that explanation is normal.

So, trying to explain to a person who is not "normal" something that they should normally understand is typical of someone who does not think normally.

Capisci. :cool:
Here's a challenge for you.

Come up with a definition of the word "animal" which includes all animals, describing the properties they share, yet excludes humans without arbitrarily adding "...except humans"

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
When those who do not know the difference between a human and an animal understand this, perhaps they will come to understand why they should never expect a female ape to give birth to a human being...

First of all, humans are apes. So every time a human gives birth, you have an ape giving birth to a human
Just like humans are mammals. So every time a human gives birth, you a mammal giving birth to a human.

But, in your ignorance, you probable mean a non-human ape giving birth to a human.
Nobody who understand evolution expects that to happen.
In fact.... if that were to happen, evolution would be disproven.

just as they would never expect an apple tree to naturally produce a mango.

Again, nobody who understand evolution would expect that to happen.
It would disprove evolution.

Oh, wait! Maybe they don't know the difference between a mango and an apple. What do I say now? :oops:
You better not say anything anymore and start reading up. All you are doing is making a fool of yourself by exposing your incredible ignorance on the topic you seem hellbend on arguing against...

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
When you don't know the diferences of animals and humans, the problem is not that I "don't have even a rudimentary understanding of biology.".

The problem is that you are so into your books that you went out of the real world.
If you use the colloquial definition of the word animal, then by that word you mean "all animals except humans"
The biological definition of the word however, means "all members of the kingdom of animalia" - and that includes humans.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Evolutionists are very fanciful. They believe that some female ape (which they have never known and of which they have not the slightest idea except in their most restless fantasies) once gave birth to a human.

Nobody believes that.

I wonder who the father of that first human was; another ape, perhaps?

There is no "first" in gradual processes like evolution.
Just like there is no "first" spanish speaker.

I'm leaving this subforum until there is some poster who I can take seriously.
A better idea might be to leave this subforum until you actually read up on the basics of the basics of the topic you wish to discuss...

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Evolutionists are very fanciful. They believe that some female ape (which they have never known and of which they have not the slightest idea except in their most restless fantasies) once gave birth to a human. I wonder who the father of that first human was; another ape, perhaps?

That's not even remotely logical and definitely is not scientific in any way.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Evolutionists are very fanciful. They believe that some female ape (which they have never known and of which they have not the slightest idea except in their most restless fantasies) once gave birth to a human. I wonder who the father of that first human was; another ape, perhaps?
You're just making up your own version of 'evolution' and then criticising it. That's either dishonest or ignorant.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Even a little kid would start crying if you told him that the monkey at the zoo is his real grandmother. And if it's any funnier, he'd laugh out loud.

I have seriously wondered many times who or what is behind many of the characters posting on this forum...
I once showed my young niece and nephew a photo of my father when he was younger.
They both told me he looked like a gorilla.
I don't know what kinds of kids you're hanging out with. :shrug:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Nope. Another poster literally just explained to you that this is not how it works.

In fact, if that were to occur, evolution would be falsified.

Oops.
Rather than a bedtime story, it seems like a Frankenstein-type horror story.
You made it up because you don't understand evolution. That can be corrected, but it seems you're not interested in actually understanding it. Why? I don't know. Seems weird to me.
It can't be that I'm still entertaining characters who don't seem to realize the simplest things and yet believe they are aligned with "science."

I'm leaving this subforum until there is some poster who I can take seriously.
And some people need to take a long look in a mirror before typing such things.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
How many thousand times, on this forum, have evolution deniers been told that this is NOT AT ALL WHAT EVOLUTIONISTS SAY?!?!? It's almost as if you can't read -- or won't due to lack of interest in anything but your own opinion.

Pogo

Back to the topic: I want to make it clear, although I have already insisted on this from the very beginning of my topic, that the topic is not about racism, but about the origin of the different human races from the evolutionary point of view. It is not either about how the races could have emerged (which is well known, and I agree), but about the original genetic basis that could have supposedly converted monochromatic and "rough" apes into humans with such fine characteristics, and varied in so many different ways.

I am going to make it clear that although I am not an expert on the subject or a scientist (and never said that), I do not need to be one to be a rational thinker. The first thing that a theory has to have, no matter how scientific it may seem, is that it is logical and clearly answers the simplest questions that are raised. A theory should not be based on simple assumptions. Although some people say that science "does not prove" things, but rather tries to "justify" itself with "evidence", evidence is never irrational, and is logical and naturally understandable.

A simple explanation is enough to understand any scientific theory, no matter how complex it may seem; all it takes is a good teacher to explain it to non-experts. And please, stop the stupidity of assuming that in order to answer questions from a non-expert, it is the one who asks the question who has to "educate" himself. It is the one who pretends to be an expert who has to clearly answer the questions of the non-expert... The truth is that the classism of scientificists (I think that's the word that describe them) is as repugnant as racism is.

So, suppose you want to explain to a non-expert what the first non-human apes that supposedly engendered humans looked like, that might be a good start. The idea is to answer the question: how did humans come out so physically different? And isn't that obvious?
Well here is a picture of the known skeleton of Australopithicus Afarensis discovered in 1974 with some later discoveries added in and a few reconstructed bits by reflection from the opposite side in white. This may not be a direct ancestor but a cousin or so removed but you can see that already at first glance it looks like a human skeleton.
images

Beyond that, the current observation that we have children and parents and no two of them are exactly alike physically or in other ways. some of them even move far away. Add those and that this skeleton represents an individual that lived over 3 million years ago and there you have an explanation designed for even the most simplistic of rational thinkers as to what some of our ape ancestors looked like and how we came to look like we do.
Minor note, this ancestor is far after the common ones with the other pictures you posted.

Last edited: