• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is the soul inside the body?And does it survive the death of the body?

Frank Goad

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-a-soul/ On this website it says:

What Is the Soul?​

What Is the Soul?
Loaded: 0%

Current time 0:00
/
Duration -:-
PlayBack 5 secondsForward 15 secondsPrevious
Mute

Settings

The Bible’s answer​

The word “soul” in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. The Hebrew word literally means “a creature that breathes,” and the Greek word means “a living being.” a The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body. Consider how the Bible shows that the human soul is the whole person:

If this is true how do you explain:

2 Kings 4:27

King James Version

27 And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the Lord hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.

and

Psalm 42:6

King James Version

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

and

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

I found this all here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Also in the bible.It says the soul survives the death of the body:

Matthew 10:28

King James Version

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

chinu

chinu
What is Soul?
Soul is something that wander in the maze of happiness and sorrow until merge back in God.

Elihoenai

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/what-is-a-soul/ On this website it says:

What Is the Soul?​

What Is the Soul?
Loaded: 0%

Current time 0:00
/
Duration -:-
PlayBack 5 secondsForward 15 secondsPrevious
Mute

Settings

The Bible’s answer​

The word “soul” in the Bible is a translation of the Hebrew word neʹphesh and the Greek word psy·kheʹ. The Hebrew word literally means “a creature that breathes,” and the Greek word means “a living being.” a The soul, then, is the entire creature, not something inside that survives the death of the body. Consider how the Bible shows that the human soul is the whole person:

If this is true how do you explain:

2 Kings 4:27​

King James Version​

27 And when she came to the man of God to the hill, she caught him by the feet: but Gehazi came near to thrust her away. And the man of God said, Let her alone; for her soul is vexed within her: and the Lord hath hid it from me, and hath not told me.

and

Psalm 42:6​

King James Version​

6 O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

and

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

I found this all here: BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.

Also in the bible.It says the soul survives the death of the body:

Matthew 10:28​

King James Version​

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
1 Thessalonians 5:23

23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Soul is Greater than the Flesh/Body and the Spirit is Greater than the Soul.

Elohim's/God's Ladder:
Flesh->Soul->Spirit

I don't know if you have seen the movie Matrix. In it there is a virtual reality, called the Matrix and people are connected to it by a electric line. The body is in real life, while the mind is in the virtual life by that connected line. And people think the virtual reality is the true life, because they know nothing else.

I think we are basically in the same situation. The soul is the real person and this material world is the virtual reality. Soul is the essence of a person and it is safe and cannot be destroyed by anything of this world. And body is only like a vessel for the soul to experience things here.