• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there any "green" conservatives out there?

Bishka

Veteran Member
I haven't really heard of any?

Does anyone know of good, conservative, green politicians?

nutshell

beckysoup61 said:
I haven't really heard of any?

Does anyone know of good, conservative, green politicians?

I used to be hard core corporate, but I find I'm turning greener every day.

Bishka

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
I used to be hard core corporate, but I find I'm turning greener every day.

:)

That's good though.

I was a greenie girl as a child, but turned away from it for some reason (maybe moving to Utah had something to do with it??), but recently rekindled my love for it.

There are a lot of things I'm doing to try to take better care of my environment.

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Concern for the environment tends to be considered a liberal , or Democratic political "value". Which makes no sense, for it to be partisan one way or the other.
Republicans, conservatives, support Big Business which has no concern for what it does to the environment as long as they get what they want out of it.

So your search for green, conservative candidates or elected officials will be, sorry to say, slim pickings. :sorry1:

nutshell

1nharmony said:
Concern for the environment tends to be considered a liberal , or Democratic political "value". Which makes no sense, for it to be partisan one way or the other.
Republicans, conservatives, support Big Business which has no concern for what it does to the environment as long as they get what they want out of it.

So your search for green, conservative candidates or elected officials will be, sorry to say, slim pickings. :sorry1:

Wrong as to your part in bold.

Big Business follows the money and if being environmental leads to $$$ the companies will follow.

Look at the car industry. How are the American companies doing compare to Toyota? There's many reasons for the answer to that question, but one is that Toyota, a Big Business, knows its cusomers and is leading the way with hybrid vehicles.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm a registered Green, and I wish to conserve the biosphere. Does that make me a conservative?

Bush recycling? I don't know about that, but I do know his cycling leaves a lot to be desired! :D

I think it is a good thing to recycle (I don't LOL) and I consider the environment a high priority. But there has to be balance. These left-wing environment guys are way too radical and part of the reason our economy is bad as it is.

I support off-shore drilling and in Alaska.