• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there Really only one True Religion?

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
Could you expand on your threads? At least provide some meat to them instead of just the phrase "well is there." In the last couple days you have created quite a few threads with very little substance to them.

As for the question, the answer is no.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Could you expand on your threads? At least provide some meat to them instead of just the phrase "well is there." In the last couple days you have created quite a few threads with very little substance to them.

As for the question, the answer is no.

Well normally when I do give longer explainations, someone accuses me of bashing somebody else, so I stopped doing it.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'd say that the OP's statement is probably accurate... within a margin of error of plus or minus one. ;)

logician

One has to know what the truth is, to know what is the true path. I don't think anyone has reached that Nervana yet.

For me, I'll stick with freethought and rationalism, which at least gives me a good basis for further research.

Nepenthe

Tu Stultus Es
42.png

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
So no major religions preach that their specific form of worship was handed down by God and that all others are either flawed human creations or distortions of the truth?

Really?

Maybe some people in those religions do, but upon study, I've found those are actually flawed interpretations of the teachings of that religion.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sometimes culture gets in the way.
I think the line between religion and culture is blurry at the best of times, but what do you mean?

Are you saying that religious claims of exclusivity or of special authority are externally imposed by the culture and aren't actually part of the religion?

emmygirl62

give peace a chance!
I don't believe there is, I think there are many different paths that are right for different people.