• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there Really only one True Religion?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Baptists. Go figure. :D

My Mom's side of the family is a mix of Quaker and ardent, teetotaling Baptists.

My grandmother told me a story about her father: they lived in the nearest town to a military base, so they'd get a lot of servicemen in town on leave. One day, he was walking down the street when two airmen asked him "excuse me, do you know where we can find a beer?"

He roared back at them "IN HELL!" They walked away confused.

There's now a brewery a few doors down from the church he attended. He must be rolling in his grave.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
"Might???"

Notice how the more liberal and inclusivist branches of religion become more and more similar while fundamentalist and exclusivist branches are most different. The liberal and inclusivist branches are funneling into the One True Religion.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Notice how the more liberal and inclusivist branches of religion become more and more similar while fundamentalist and exclusivist branches are most different. The liberal and inclusivist branches are funneling into the One True Religion.
There are still very noticeable (and notable) differences. And there should be!