• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there solid, verifiable proof that there is a god?

slave2six

Substitious
Forget mythology and "personal experiences" and all that rot. Can anyone on this planet provide undeniable evidence that there is a deity at all?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
No, no more than there is against a God, which suspect you know. So why bother asking?

Jeremiah

Forget mythology and "personal experiences" and all that rot. Can anyone on this planet provide undeniable evidence that there is a deity at all?

Regardless of whatever "evidence" there may be, you could deny it all day long.

slave2six

Substitious
No, no more than there is against a God, which suspect you know. So why bother asking?
There is precisely as much evidence against there being a God as there is that there is a Balrog and yet there are no forums about Balrogs, are there. Why would any sane person put any energy into believing in something that cannot be proven to exist?

BucephalusBB

ABACABB
There is precisely as much evidence against there being a God as there is that there is a Balrog and yet there are no forums about Balrogs, are there. Why would any sane person put any energy into believing in something that cannot be proven to exist?

There is a promiss of presents after it all..

In all seriousness, God stands for lifequestions. Where do we come from, were do we go to, why do we like eachother, why does some stuff hurt me and other help me, etc..
Unless your Balrog holds the same questions the evidence against balrog is not equal. Different attributes, different evidence.

O, and you'd be amazed how many questions God can be..

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Wrong, you just threw out the evidence you didn't like.

Jeremiah

I'd like to hear some of your evidence, if that's okay. I mean, that is the idea of the thread after all! Let's talk about evidence for the existence of God. =)

Even if someone had "evidence" of "God". How would they prove it is "evidence" of "God"?

Jeremiah

Here's my proof there is a God.

Bible.gif