• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is there true love if everyone obeys animal instincts?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
The question is simple: from what or who the modern human came from?

We may never have a direct answer to this, (does not equate to godsdidit) because not everything that dies fossilizes, as that takes a very specific set of environmental conditions and circumstances. Closest we will get is through DNA analysis of what we do find, to see which things are closer or further apart in relation to other living and extant species.

Also see my ape/man graphic to get an idea of where we came from. Then study evolution in an honest fashion not colored by your Culture, to fully understand it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A bigger view:

Tree+of+life+poster+2019+Rev+6.0+sm.jpg

questfortruth

View attachment 47263

Here is a zoomed in spot for Man.
Homo Sapience came from common ancestor A between Homo Sapience and Homo Neanderthalensis.
The mythical creature A came from common ancestor B between Homo Erectus and creature A.
And so, on common ancestors C,D,E,F,G,,, until the Big Bang. Thus, the Homo Sapience has not come from anybody existing,
only from the common mythical ancestors.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As far as the thread title goes, there are levels of love in various creatures. There are dogs who show more love than some humans do. When one of our dogs was very old and in the last few days of her life, our cat surprisingly laid down beside her and just snuggled with her.

Meanwhile on my local Nextdoor, someone called other humans cockroaches because they are homeless.

Our cat showed more compassion for another creature's suffering than that human.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Homo Sapience came from common ancestor A between Homo Sapience and Homo Neanderthalensis.
The mythical creature A came from common ancestor B between Homo Erectus and creature A.
And so, on common ancestors C,D,E,F,G,,, until the Big Bang. Thus, the Homo Sapience has not come from anybody existing,

Refer to the ape-man chart please, or I am leaving, your ignorance is giving me a headache. Try Heidelbergensis as @ChristineM suggests.

Edit: You never actually stated what Love has to do with evolution. We aren't the only animals that exhibit it. Does being an animal scare you? I find it freeing.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Not mythical since genetics etc shows those ancestors existed.

GardenLady

Not germane to the specific question about true love, but all these excellent graphics lead me to toss this in. I submitted DNA to the National Geographic Society's Genographic Study and I am 2.4 percent Neanderthal and 2.5 percent Denisovan. I think that's way cool.

Audie

Veteran Member
So you have nothing to say. Please leave your own OP then. I've provided evidence it's up to you to ignore (which you will), or not. *Shrug*

It's amazing how uninformed people are willing to stay. I believe in both Evolution, and Creator God's, this doesn't seem mutually exclusive except to a select willfully-ignorant few.

Why would the Gods not set in motion evolution, as a way for Life to adapt to an environment that radically changes throughout time. Seems counterintuitive for everything to remain the same, for homeostasis equates to death, the only time things stop changing.

(We are evolving as we speak, it's why most of us need our wisdom teeth/3rd molars are removed in the west, and why some never get them at all).

Maybe half right on wisdom teeth.

Dentists now generally prevent the casualties
those teeth once caused, so the evolutionary
pressure may be off.

questfortruth

We may never have a direct answer to this, (does not equate to godsdidit) because not everything that dies fossilizes, as that takes a very specific set of environmental conditions and circumstances. Closest we will get is through DNA analysis of what we do find, to see which things are closer or further apart in relation to other living and extant species.

Also see my ape/man graphic to get an idea of where we came from. Then study evolution in an honest fashion not colored by your Culture, to fully understand it.
The theory of Evolution started badly. It began with the book The Origin of Species. However, the modern man did not descend from any of the known species. Not from monkeys, not from primates, not from rodents, not even from a single-celled amoeba a billion years ago. The modern man appeared directly from "common ancestors". Do not confuse these common ancestors with transitional forms! For example, Homo sapiens descended from a common ancestor (let us denote it by the letter A) between Homo sapiens and Neanderthal. In turn, this mythical chimera A descended from a common ancestor (let's call it chimera B) between chimera A and Homo Erectus. And so on. We are not descended from known species, but from a chain of chimeras that begin with the Big Bang. That is why I oppose the apparent wrongness of Darwinian Evolution.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The theory of Evolution started badly. It began with the book The Origin of Species. However, the modern man did not descend from any of the known species. Not from monkeys, not from primates, not from rodents, not even from a single-celled amoeba a billion years ago. The modern man appeared directly from "common ancestors". Do not confuse these common ancestors with transitional forms! For example, Homo sapiens descended from a common ancestor (let us denote it by the letter A) between Homo sapiens and Neanderthal. In turn, this mythical chimera A descended from a common ancestor (let's call it chimera B) between chimera A and Homo Erectus. And so on. We are not descended from known species, but from a chain of chimeras that begin with the Big Bang. That is why I oppose the apparent wrongness of Darwinian Evolution.

ec25f4b0146b5998a9d3bfbe8b8aad60.jpg