• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Is Zimmerman White?

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
This is exactly why I think the the whole concept of "race" is retarded. Cultural heritage, ethnicity, and citizenship are way more directly relevant to people's lives and identities than their complexion.

I don't agree with the concept of "race" as well. Jainarayan and I made it important to mention that "race" is a social construct and very confusing. I prefer ethnicity overall to the notion of "race".

It would be absurd to call the lily white child of a black person "black" simply because they have some African ancestry. Wouldn't it?

Yes, it would. But, my point was that the media and the government always does a double take on what "white" is. Because, "white", generally, means someone who has "white" skin and has European ancestry. Zimmerman has the ancestry, but not the skin color. I was just trying to point out the wishy washy nature of the media in blowing this whole race thing out of proportion.

In America, "whiteness" is way too much of a controversial topic to be traversed upon. I thought we could traverse upon it here, in RF. Which is a safe haven for intellectuals like you and me. :p :D

These girls are twins. Do you think anybody in their right mind would call the one on the right "black", or the one on the left "white"?

I would love to have a twin brother or sister like that; we would dupe so many peoples. :p :D :D We would become professional pranksters hehe.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
I do know though how big a role colour plays in India. I used to have indian friends always arguing about who is lighter. As if somehow the lighter person is better. It really unfortunate how racist of a country it is. The fact of the matter it makes no difference what colour they are in Britain, they are all considered to be brown Indians.

Exactly. India needs to get out of the colonial age. It should be a matter of pride being brown. I adore my brown skin to death! And, am really proud of being exotic and foreign. There is no need for Indians to identify with colorism.

Some Indians are fairer than the others. Some Indians are darker than the others. It has no relevance on religion, morality, decency, etc. at whatsoever. I love Japan, but they gotta stop sending facial fairness creams to India though. :D

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I would at first glance knowing nothing else think George Zimmerman is Latino.

But so do many people about my son (my middle one) ...he got the dark hair olive skin from the Scottish side of his ancestory..Hes short and stalky (by short I mean 5'8 by stalky I mean 185) ..He learned fluent Spanish as a 2nd language .MANY people assume he is (specifically) Mexican here in Tejas! Whats in his blood ? German and English mostly..Scottish & a Tad Indian ...For the past 500 years that I know of.

Looks can be "deceiving".

Same with my BIL..Close to 100% German on both mother and father side.But born in Nicauraugua ..Spanish his primary language..dark hair olive skin ???Here hes a "Mexican".

Alceste

Vagabond
I thought George Zimmeran was Latino.

Latino is not a race. It's a language / culture / ethnicity.

The "races" are supposed to be Caucasoid, Negroid, Australoid and Mongoloid.

9vi98g.jpg

Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and all other European ethnicities have always been considered "Caucasoid" (AKA caucasian, AKA white.) Native people from Latin America were traditionally considered "Mongoloid".

Latinos who are a mixture of native and European blood would have been considered "mongrels" by the inventors of the concept of race - they are a mixture of Mongoloids and Caucasoids. Latin Americans whose Spanish or Portuguese ancestry is undiluted would still be considered "Caucasoid" by the idiots who invented the concept of race. Those who are descended from undiluted African ancestry would still be considered "Negroid". The natives would still be considered "Mongoloid". People like Linnaeus - the pioneers of race theory - often believed the races had completely separate origins, or that Adam and Eve were Caucasian but some of their offspring spawned the degenerate races because of sin or some such nonsense.

Inter-breeding between these imaginary races was considered an abomination of nature, hence the categorization of anyone who doesn't fit neatly into this retarded model as a "mongrel" - not belonging to any "race".

Saying you are Latino is like saying you're an Anglophone or Francophone. It has nothing to do with your genetic make-up or physical appearance.

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
I would at first glance knowing nothing else think George Zimmerman is Latino.

But so do many people about my son (my middle one) ...he got the dark hair olive skin from the Scottish side of his ancestory..Hes short and stalky (by short I mean 5'8 by stalky I mean 185) ..He learned fluent Spanish as a 2nd language .MANY people assume he is (specifically) Mexican here in Tejas! Whats in his blood ? German and English mostly..Scottish & a Tad Indian ...For the past 500 years that I know of.

Looks can be "deceiving".

Same with my BIL..Close to 100% German on both mother and father side.But born in Nicauraugua ..Spanish his primary language..dark hair olive skin ???Here hes a "Mexican".

Yeah, Zimmerman's dad writes "white" on his census forms. So whatever Zimmerman looks like or claims he is, his father at least thinks he's AT LEAST half-white. His mother puts "Latino", but Latino is not a race any more than "North American" is a race. It's just a bunch of countries that speak Spanish.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
but Latino is not a race any more than "North American" is a race.

Right believe it or not I get that.Probably then not knowing much else he's is "caucasoid".

I guess you would have to do genetic testing?

My sons GF is "mongoloid " AND caucasoid"

She's really stunning is all I know.

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
Right believe it or not I get that.Probably then not knowing much else he's is "caucasoid".

I guess you would have to do genetic testing?

My sons GF is "mongoloid " AND caucasoid"

She's really stunning is all I know.

I know you were referring to a mixed "race" female, but since you mentioned "mongoloid" which would be "Asian"....I just want to say that.......

Japanese females are... awesome! So gorgeous!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

EDIT: My dream girl would be from Ethiopia, though. Maybe Brazilian as well. But, I don't know if they would marry an Indian. Too much culture baggage probably. :(

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
मैत्रावरुणिः;3445883 said:
I know you were referring to a mixed "race" female, but since you mentioned "mongoloid" which would be "Asian"....I just want to say that.......

Japanese females are... awesome! So gorgeous!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

EDIT: My dream girl would be from Ethiopia, though. Maybe Brazilian as well. But, I don't know if they would marry an Indian. Too much culture baggage probably. :(

Many Brazilian girls would gladly marry an Indian if they had a language in common.

Galen.Iksnudnard

Whiteness in the US can sometimes be a social construct.

If someone who is 1/64 black and 63/64 goes and commits a crime, the media counts him as black, which is why black crime rates are seemingly so high. Similarly when a black person saves someone from a burning building for instance, there is no mention of the race or sometimes even the name, so people will assume the "hero" is white.

However in Zimmerman's case it makes sense to call him white. He is German on his father's side and mixed white/Hispanic. So he was more white than non-white.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
मैत्रावरुणिः;3445883 said:

Yes she is Japanese on her Asian half. !And stunning!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If someone who is 1/64 black and 63/64 goes and commits a crime, the media counts him as black, which is why black crime rates are seemingly so high.
Have a source for this standard? I really doubt that the media have such rigorous or quantitative methods. Moreover, they scaredy cats when it comes to race, often failing to mention it at all lest they anger sensitive types. And crime statistics don't come from the media.

Galen.Iksnudnard

He is. Which does not mean that he is not white as well.

Indeed, Latino is a cultural term, not a racial one. According to Wikipeia, Hispanic or Latino origin is independent of race and Latinos can fall into other ethnic categories, including White, Black, Native American or Asian. Latinos can also include Spaniards (who are white), White Latin Americans (who are mainly White people of Spanish descent).

Hispanic and Latino Americans - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The evidence I have seen strongly suggests that it is nothing but a social construct.
That's what is so amusing about the "white Hispanic". It's a previously non-existent class which had to be created in order to repaint an individual in a victim class as a member of the oppressor class. If he hadn't possessed some of that white ancestry, I wonder how the media would've treated him differently? Minority on minority crime is a largely invisible issue because it isn't newsworthy. (There is one exception: Chicago's ultra-violence makes news in the form of outrageous statistics because of the Democratic/Obama connection. Note that Detroit is more violent, but goes unnoticed.)

Last edited: