• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamist terrorists kill dozens in Moscow train bombing

I Am

From Law enforcers pursue possible causes of Moscow bombings - RT Top Stories , 2010 Moscow Metro bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

(^^ see those links)

The bombings follow a long series of terrorist attacks in Russia, many attributed to Chechen separatists or the "Caucasus Emirate".[12] Since 1999, the character of Chechen separatists has gradually shifted away from the more secular leadership of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, toward a more radical Muslim "jihad", with a strong influence of "Wahhabi" ideas that place the mujahideen at odds not only with Russia and the pro-Russian Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov, but also with a Dagestani population with strong Sufi traditions.[13] The bombings are part of long-running and established series of terrorist acts by Caucasus Extremists, which already, over the years, has resulted in the deaths of many civilians. These are a group of Mujahideen, who believe they are fighting a "holy war" and wish to create an Emirate in the Caucasus. Terrorism in Russia has killed hundreds of people.[14] Over 5000 people have been killed and wounded by the Caucasus jihadists since 2002.[15]

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Terrible.
As is the terrorism of the Russian military in Chechnya.
In 2001 the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum has placed Chechnya on its Genocide Watch List:
Chechnya was devastated, including the almost complete destruction of Grozny, the Chechen capital. Russian artillery and air indiscriminately pounded populated areas. Human rights organizations also documented several massacres of civilians by Russian units. Russian President Vladimir Putin proclaimed Chechnya pacified by Spring 2000. But peace has been elusive for Chechen civilians, victims of a continuing war of attrition. They are plagued by abuses committed by Russian forces - arbitrary arrest, extortion, torture, murder. Chechen civilians also suffer because there have been no sustained efforts to rebuild basic social services, such as utilities or education. Chechen fighters also commit abuses against civilians, but neither on the same scale nor with the same intensity as Russian forces.[92]The Russian government failed to pursue any accountability process for human rights abuses committed during the course of the conflict in Chechnya. Unable to secure justice domestically, hundreds of victims of abuse have filed applications with the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR). In March 2005 the court issued the first rulings on Chechnya, finding the Russian government guilty of violating the right to life and even if the prohibition of torture with respect to civilians who had died or forcibly disappeared at the hands of Russia's federal troops.[93] Many similar claims were ruled since against Russia.
from Wiki.

This notion of 'Islamic terrorism' is I'm pretty sure propoganda, a way of dismissing something more. What would drive 2 women to explode themselves on a packed train? Please don't misunderstand me because I believe the taking of life is always a crime. But this crime didn't happen in a vacum.

As always war is the enemy.

(edit, from here:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War#Human_rights_and_war_crimes )

I Am

Terrible.
As is the terrorism of the Russian military in Chechnya.
from Wiki.

This notion of 'Islamic terrorism' is I'm pretty sure propoganda, a way of dismissing something more. What would drive 2 women to explode themselves on a packed train? Please don't misunderstand me because I believe the taking of life is always a crime. But this crime didn't happen in a vacum.

As always war is the enemy.

(edit, from here:- Second Chechen War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

But it's war motivated by religion.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Did Islamic militants not blow up a train in Moscow?

Yesterday, the FBI broke up a plot by Christian militants to kill police officers. That certainly does not mean that all Christians are militants hell bent on killing police officers. Just as the fact Islamic militants blew up a train in Moscow does not mean all Muslims are hell bent on blowing up things.

I Am

Yesterday, the FBI broke up a plot by Christian militants to kill police officers. That certainly does not mean that all Christians are militants hell bent on killing police officers. Just as the fact Islamic militants blew up a train in Moscow does not mean all Muslims are hell bent on blowing up things.

Quote me as to where I stated that all Muslims want to blow things up. You seem to be --excuse my language-- pulling quotes out of your a**. All I'm doing is reporting something from the news, relaying it to this forum. There's no need to put words in my mouth.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Quote me as to where I stated that all Muslims want to blow things up. You seem to be --excuse my language-- pulling quotes out of your a**. All I'm doing is reporting something from the news, relaying it to this forum. There's no need to put words in my mouth.

It appears I misunderstood the gist of what you were saying. Sorry about that.

I Am

It appears I misunderstood the gist of what you were saying. Sorry about that.

That's fine. I apologize if I reacted harshly.

I have no problem with the religion of Islam. I merely have an issue with extremist organizations.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
That's fine. I apologize if I reacted harshly.

No more harshly than I've reacted at times when I suspected someone was putting words in my mouth. :D

I have no problem with the religion of Islam. I merely have an issue with extremist organizations.

Same hear. Especially when they target innocent civilians.

.lava

Veteran Member
Same hear. Especially when they target innocent civilians.

exactly.

i read on the news and find it interesting that one bomb went off in subway right under where Russian secret agency's building located. maybe they tried to destroy the building?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
What people have to realize is that Middle East politics is corrupt. Extremist Muslims carry out the orders of corrupt Middle Eastern government leaders, who don't truly represent Islam in anyway, rather a political system that has become about control of the common man. Even most Muslims realize this, that's why they're waiting for a "rightly guided Caliph". One whom they call a "rightly guided Caliph" would use true Islamic ethics, not terrorism.- former Muslim

I Am

And with no agenda whatsoever, no doubt. Random acts of sharing are always to be admired ... :yes:

Look... I personally KNOW muslims who live in my town. I go to school with them. I eat lunch with them. I have no problem with them whatsoever. This is a "religious news" section of this forum, correct? Why is it unacceptable to then post religious news? Did I CHOOSE for this news to perhaps be violent, or controvercial? No, not at all. it was there... I thought to myself, "Hmm, as a new member of this forum why don't I start a thread?" That's all.

Look... I personally KNOW muslims who live in my town. I go to school with them. I eat lunch with them. I have no problem with them whatsoever. This is a "religious news" section of this forum, correct? Why is it unacceptable to then post religious news? Did I CHOOSE for this news to perhaps be violent, or controvercial? No, not at all. it was there... I thought to myself, "Hmm, as a new member of this forum why don't I start a thread?" That's all.

The classic, ''some of my best friends are.....'' rebuttal.