• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Islamist terrorists kill dozens in Moscow train bombing

I Am

I think not. It's about Chechen independence.

Quoting Wikipedia:

"
The bombings were the latest in a series of attacks in Russia, many attributed to Chechen separatists or to the "Caucasus Emirate".[12] Since 1999, Chechen separatists gradually shifted away from the more secular approach of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, strongly influenced by Islamist[13] Wahhabi thinking that placed them at odds not only with Russia and pro-Russian Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov, but also with a Dagestani population with strong Sufi traditions.[14][15] A group of Islamist[16] mujahideen believe they are fighting a "holy war",[17] and wish to create an "Emirate" in the Caucasus.[18] Over 5,000 people have been killed and wounded in the Caucasus since 2002.[19]"

... It's both political and religious... often called ISLAMISM. Look it up.

I Am

So apparently it's OK to murder people. Let's not have a discussion about it because it's automatically an attack on Islam to even mention some religiously-motivated bombing that kills innocent people. Seriously, this is a religious education forum and thus far I have encountered more than enough narrow-minded flamers who rather than discussing an issue would like to point fingers and spew ********. If I leave this forum it is for this reason, because apparently one can't start a thread about such an issue without receiving major criticism for merely reporting the news.

arimoff

From Law enforcers pursue possible causes of Moscow bombings - RT Top Stories , 2010 Moscow Metro bombings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :

(^^ see those links)

The bombings follow a long series of terrorist attacks in Russia, many attributed to Chechen separatists or the "Caucasus Emirate".[12] Since 1999, the character of Chechen separatists has gradually shifted away from the more secular leadership of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria, toward a more radical Muslim "jihad", with a strong influence of "Wahhabi" ideas that place the mujahideen at odds not only with Russia and the pro-Russian Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov, but also with a Dagestani population with strong Sufi traditions.[13] The bombings are part of long-running and established series of terrorist acts by Caucasus Extremists, which already, over the years, has resulted in the deaths of many civilians. These are a group of Mujahideen, who believe they are fighting a "holy war" and wish to create an Emirate in the Caucasus. Terrorism in Russia has killed hundreds of people.[14] Over 5000 people have been killed and wounded by the Caucasus jihadists since 2002.[15]

We really don't know who did this and we can't really trust news agencies, I have relatives who live in Moscow, they say that the two woman were Russian. I'm pretty sure even if it was done by Muslim terrorists only under the awareness of Mr Putin.