• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel-Gaza Hamas attack

Thoughts?

War grips Israel, Gaza after surprise Hamas attack

Should Israel take back Gaza?
Should Hamas take civilians hostage?
What other countries will be involved? Iran? Egypt? Jordan? Iraq? Syria?
Who should get the temple mount?
They should probably integrate a one state situation with all parties involved and quit slaughtering people in general. Though one is a militant group and the other is a major regional power backed by the most powerful military in the world. So while I won't stand here and tell you Hamas is less evil than Israel I will tell you their capacity for harm is significantly smaller.

Hamas shouldn't take Civilians hostage.

Preferably no other countries get involved but perhaps maybe the UN but only to help them create a peaceful state that caters to both the Israel and Palestine.

The temple mound should be donated to the Sikhs.

Bthoth

They should probably integrate a one state situation with all parties involved and quit slaughtering people in general.
That is solid rational but to integrate the volume of palestinians would give them greater voting rights and just imagine how many IDF would be incarcerated for crimes.
Though one is a militant group

Palestinians are not a militant group. HAMAS are rogue terrorist..
and the other is a major regional power backed by the most powerful military in the world.
Yep and often used illegal weapons and methods to maintain that overbearing advantage.
Hamas shouldn't take Civilians hostage.
Absolutely never.
Preferably no other countries get involved but perhaps maybe the UN but only to help them create a peaceful state that caters to both the Israel and Palestine.
Catering is not relevant as then reparations would be sought.
The temple mound should be donated to the Sikhs.
Great idea. Turn it into a lazarium kind of building for entertainment.

Or just make it a museum because of the age and how long it has been standing.

It's already a UNESCO heritage site but one side wants to move it and build a temple on the grounds.

That is solid rational but to integrate the volume of palestinians would give them greater voting rights and just imagine how many IDF would be incarcerated for crimes.
Oh hell yeah.
Palestinians are not a militant group. HAMAS are rogue terrorist..
Indeed. I hope that no where in my post I have suggested that broadly Palestine was anything other than the victim in the scenario. No arguments here on this point.
Yep and often used illegal weapons and methods to maintain that overbearing advantage.

Absolutely never.
Also agreed.
Catering is not relevant as then reparations would be sought.
As they honestly should.
Great idea. Turn it into a lazarium kind of building for entertainment.

Or just make it a museum because of the age and how long it has been standing.

It's already a UNESCO heritage site but one side wants to move it and build a temple on the grounds.
Mostly a joke but as a more serious answer I think they should probably allow some sort of joint ownership. I am not an expert on the intricacies of what that would entail. A part of me wants the Jews to build their temple so that we can put the "it will cause the apocalypse" nonsense to rest once and for all. But I also wouldn't want anything already in the holy site to be destroyed.