• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Israel-Gaza : Human Shields are Human Shields!

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From Haaretz

Haaretz reports that the IDF has been using Palestinian civilians as human shields during operations in Gaza, ordering them to go into tunnels and homes that the army fears may be booby-trapped.​
“It is better that they explode and not the soldiers,” one of the soldiers speaking to Haaretz recalls being told by his commander who justified the practice.​
Haaretz says the IDF has not been using terror suspects, but rather innocent civilians who it detains specifically for this practice.​
The report cites several soldiers who have witnessed the tactic regularly used in Gaza.​
Haaretz says the practice has been used across Gaza in recent months, and senior officers, including the chief of staff, were aware.​
In its response to the report, the IDF does not appear to deny that the practice is carried out. It says that such conduct is prohibited, that this was made clear to troops and that the allegations are under investigation.​

There are no words.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
From Haaretz

Haaretz reports that the IDF has been using Palestinian civilians as human shields during operations in Gaza, ordering them to go into tunnels and homes that the army fears may be booby-trapped.​
“It is better that they explode and not the soldiers,” one of the soldiers speaking to Haaretz recalls being told by his commander who justified the practice.​
Haaretz says the IDF has not been using terror suspects, but rather innocent civilians who it detains specifically for this practice.​
The report cites several soldiers who have witnessed the tactic regularly used in Gaza.​
Haaretz says the practice has been used across Gaza in recent months, and senior officers, including the chief of staff, were aware.​
In its response to the report, the IDF does not appear to deny that the practice is carried out. It says that such conduct is prohibited, that this was made clear to troops and that the allegations are under investigation.​

There are no words.
How is a civilian determined to be innocent?

Twilight Hue

That is an unbelievable ugly and stupid question, but it's interesting to see what disgusting actions you rush to embrace.
Hey I'm not the one calling people innocent. Particularly in light of civilians strapping explosives to themselves and detonating in the middle of crowds of Israelis. An established distinction of 'innocent' civilians.

So I ask again , how do you determine who's innocent?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Hey I'm not the one calling people innocent. Particularly in light of civilians strapping explosives to themselves and detonating in the middle of crowds of Israelis. An established distinction of 'innocent' civilians.

So I ask again , how do you determine who's innocent?
:facepalm:
If they had dynamite strapped to them why would they let the IDF capture them when their goal is already to blow themselves up along with as many others as possible?
Also, you may have forgotten but we cherish this concept of "innocent until proven guilty."

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
If they had dynamite strapped to them why would they let the IDF capture them when their goal is already to blow themselves up along with as many others as possible?

And what are we to make of the following?

Also, you may have forgotten but we cherish this concept of "innocent until proven guilty."

I suspect that your reference to "we" is too inclusive.

Twilight Hue

No, you're the one who, with no basis whatsoever, presumes that the Haaretz article is a fabrication and nonchalantly floats the suggestion that the victims have it coming.
One could argue there is a degree of justification just as much givin the proven and well established terrorist history involved with that region as well.

Shadow Wolf

And what are we to make of the following?

“It is better that they explode and not the soldiers,” one of the soldiers speaking to Haaretz recalls being told by his commander who justified the practice.
It's a level of hatred and misanthropy that I can't comprehend. How could anyone do such a thing to another human being? Cruelty doesn't even begin to describe it. It's so much hatred, so much violence, it's upsetting to think about it especially knowing Hamas and IDF are doing nothing but ensuring the continued suffering and dying of both Israelis and Palestinians.
I suspect that your reference to "we" is too inclusive.
Unfortunately.

Twilight Hue

:facepalm:
Also you may of forgotten their history.

Like this 'innocent' grandmother.

Your argument might have merit if life had more value to these people themselves.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
One could argue there is a degree of justification just as much givin the proven and well established terrorist history involved with that region as well.
There's never a justification for war crimes. This is exactly the sort of behavior that breeds terrorists. When innocent people are killed their families and friends don't forgive or forget.

Shadow Wolf

Also you may of forgotten their history.

Like this 'innocent' grandmother.

Your argument might have merit if life had more value to these people themselves.
Did you read it?

At the compound where her extended family lives near Jebaliya camp, her oldest daughter Fatheya explained the bomber's motives. "They [the Israelis] destroyed her house, they killed her grandson — my son. Another grandson is in a wheelchair with an amputated leg," she said.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
They're still human beings though. To totally strip another of that and treat them in such ways, it's foreign to me and terrifying.

The signature characteristic of the Netanyahu/Smotrich/Ben-Gviir regime is it's truly wretched and xenophobic disregard for human life.