• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It all depends where you were born

anders

Seyorni said:
The point is that most people do not choose their religion on its merits. Few do a comprehensive comparative analysis of competing viewpoints before choosing a religious label. Most people do not really understand the finer points of even their own religion's theology and cannot explain how it distinguishes itself from competing sects.

Such people are in no position to to make any assertions of the superiority of their own religion over others -- and yet they so often do....

If you cannot make a good argument for all sides of a controversial topic, then you're either not familiar enough with it to have a valid opinion, or the issue was never really controversial.
Wish I could have said that myself, especially the bold part.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I think Nature vs. Nurture doesn't cover enough.
I think it needs to be expanded to Nature vs. Nurture vs. Wierd people who do whatever.
I have very few characteristics that resemble my parents, and if it was my environment, I would be either Amish or Mennonite.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The RF demographic is not representative of society at large, LukeWolf. Here you'll find a much higher percentage of people who actually take an interest in ideas, and a much higher percentage of apostates.