• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It all falls apart so quickly.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If I am evicted, I'll lose my section 8 voucher and since I have a felony (for something stupid in my past), it will be next to impossible for me to find another place that I could even afford. If that happens, there's nothing left for me.
Well making your case to the court should be your focus. It's not over till it's over and you have proven yourself as a fighter.

Keep in mind there are others in worse situations and can follow their lead as well.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Somebody helped me out so I'll be okay in terms of food and such for now.

I contacted Legal Aid to hopefully get a lawyer for this eviction mess. I'm not doing anything without legal representation. I want to clearly understand things and know my rights.

I sent for my school transcripts so I'll be able to apply for school when those come. That's really exciting for me.

I've decided that the easiest thing is just to go back to Kroger just for the paycheck in the interim. I can still look for other work. The place sucks really bad but they do have student benefits that I can take advantage of.

I also need to make an appointment with an aid organization to see if they can help with the rent and/or my electricity bill.

So I'll just keep trying. I'm glad I'll be able to go to therapy this week. I really look forward to it.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So I posted about losing my job recently, but there's a lot more than that going on. It also looks like I will be losing my housing as well as my health insurance. I got an eviction notice and the 30 days are up on the 20th. After that I get a court date and have to go up against the lawyers of the property org (which is public housing). The health insurance ends on the 30th.

I had a caseworker I relied on but her and the organization (Southeast Healthcare) have both thrown me under the bus and are acting very cruelly towards me. I have no advocacy now. It's not the first time I've been mistreated by this organization. Infact, the bone injury in my left shoulder was caused by them giving me meds that made me have grand mal seizures, and I collapsed on it.

So I'm left with a back rent total of over $6,000 that I thought they were going to help me with but they just decided to stick me with it after months of games, confusion and lack of communication, knowing I can't pay it and that I've fallen into hardship. But whatever, it's all my fault.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has just fallen apart so quickly and I really have no one to help me with this. I'm going to be homeless. I was about to go back to school so I can finally get my high school diploma. Instead, I'm going to be out on the streets.

It does seem like I'll get my job back, judging from the meeting I've had yesterday but there's no final opinion yet and that won't happen right away. But I can't work and be homeless, so what does that matter. I guess I can ask my union rep if he has any ideas what to do, but I don't have hope anymore.

I don't want anyone's money. It's over. Public mental health organizations were supposed to help me, but they have thrown me away. I'm done begging for help and humiliating myself. Either way, I'm not going to be some destitute street person. I'll die before that happens. I just know for a fact that dreams and goals don't come true. And you're nothing if you're not born with money and especially if you're mentally ill. I should've died in the womb like I was supposed to.

Edit:
I might not be getting kicked out. I just spoke to my housing coordinator and he said he can stop it by getting a declaration of no income from my HR manager. I just called her and she said she'll send it over. So hopefully this works. I still don't know what's going to be done about the back rent but some sort of payment arrangement will need to be worked out.

I just can't lose my housing. I am on section 8 and my building is owned by a public organization. If I get kicked out, I'll lose my housing voucher.

This has been such a mess.
Why haven’t you got an employment lawyer to help with your work situation if you were wrongfully terminated?

Why haven’t you got a landlord/tenant lawyer if you are being wrongfully evicted?

Why haven’t you got a med-mail attorney if you were prescribed drugs that led to your should injury.

I hope you find some support here, but if wrongful things are truly happening, I suggest you get a lawyer to assist. Most of these issues would be handled on a contingency fee basis.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Why haven’t you got an employment lawyer to help with your work situation if you were wrongfully terminated?

Why haven’t you got a landlord/tenant lawyer if you are being wrongfully evicted?

Why haven’t you got a med-mail attorney if you were prescribed drugs that led to your should injury.

I hope you find some support here, but if wrongful things are truly happening, I suggest you get a lawyer to assist. Most of these issues would be handled on a contingency fee basis.
Because I'm only one person with limited resources and limited support, so I can only do so much. I have mental health issues and am disabled. Maybe stop coming off as being scolding, as it's not helpful or realistic. I have contacted Legal Aid and did the online intake.

Watchmen

Premium Member
So I posted about losing my job recently, but there's a lot more than that going on. It also looks like I will be losing my housing as well as my health insurance. I got an eviction notice and the 30 days are up on the 20th. After that I get a court date and have to go up against the lawyers of the property org (which is public housing). The health insurance ends on the 30th.

I had a caseworker I relied on but her and the organization (Southeast Healthcare) have both thrown me under the bus and are acting very cruelly towards me. I have no advocacy now. It's not the first time I've been mistreated by this organization. Infact, the bone injury in my left shoulder was caused by them giving me meds that made me have grand mal seizures, and I collapsed on it.

So I'm left with a back rent total of over $6,000 that I thought they were going to help me with but they just decided to stick me with it after months of games, confusion and lack of communication, knowing I can't pay it and that I've fallen into hardship. But whatever, it's all my fault.

So I don't know what to do anymore. Everything has just fallen apart so quickly and I really have no one to help me with this. I'm going to be homeless. I was about to go back to school so I can finally get my high school diploma. Instead, I'm going to be out on the streets.

It does seem like I'll get my job back, judging from the meeting I've had yesterday but there's no final opinion yet and that won't happen right away. But I can't work and be homeless, so what does that matter. I guess I can ask my union rep if he has any ideas what to do, but I don't have hope anymore.

I don't want anyone's money. It's over. Public mental health organizations were supposed to help me, but they have thrown me away. I'm done begging for help and humiliating myself. Either way, I'm not going to be some destitute street person. I'll die before that happens. I just know for a fact that dreams and goals don't come true. And you're nothing if you're not born with money and especially if you're mentally ill. I should've died in the womb like I was supposed to.

Edit:
I might not be getting kicked out. I just spoke to my housing coordinator and he said he can stop it by getting a declaration of no income from my HR manager. I just called her and she said she'll send it over. So hopefully this works. I still don't know what's going to be done about the back rent but some sort of payment arrangement will need to be worked out.

I just can't lose my housing. I am on section 8 and my building is owned by a public organization. If I get kicked out, I'll lose my housing voucher.

Because I'm only one person with limited resources and limited support, so I can only do so much. I have mental health issues and am disabled. Maybe stop coming off as being scolding, as it's not helpful or realistic. I have contacted Legal Aid and did the online intake.
take a deep breath and quit being defensive. Don’t use your mental health issues as a crutch. Pun intended. Limited resources are mostly of no consequence as most of these types of lawyers take cases on a contingency, as I stated. I’m not going to sugarcoat it. Start calling lawyers. Some have chat features on their websites or online questionnaires to fill out. Might seem intimidating but it’s really no big deal. And I truly believe that will be a more productive way of getting help than spending time on RF.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
take a deep breath and quit being defensive. Don’t use your mental health issues as a crutch. Pun intended. Limited resources are mostly of no consequence as most of these types of lawyers take cases on a contingency, as I stated. I’m not going to sugarcoat it. Start calling lawyers. Some have chat features on their websites or online questionnaires to fill out. Might seem intimidating but it’s really no big deal. And I truly believe that will be a more productive way of getting help than spending time on RF.
A "crutch"? How ****ing rude. You have no clue what you're talking about. I have severe trauma and went through most of my life barely able to function at all. You ever been so crippled by anxiety you couldn't even bring yourself to check the mail or bear being seen by anyone else? I was a veritable shutin for years. I also disassociate a lot. It's hard for me to do things "normal" people can do! That's what a disability is, and I have physical ones, too! So don't you dare lecture me about anything! I am not stupid and this is not my first rodeo.

I said I contacted Legal Aid and did the intake. So leave me alone about lawyers. Most of those sites don't even contact you back. See, I've been through it with them before.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Somebody helped me out so I'll be okay in terms of food and such for now.

I contacted Legal Aid to hopefully get a lawyer for this eviction mess. I'm not doing anything without legal representation. I want to clearly understand things and know my rights.

I sent for my school transcripts so I'll be able to apply for school when those come. That's really exciting for me.

I've decided that the easiest thing is just to go back to Kroger just for the paycheck in the interim. I can still look for other work. The place sucks really bad but they do have student benefits that I can take advantage of.

I also need to make an appointment with an aid organization to see if they can help with the rent and/or my electricity bill.

So I'll just keep trying. I'm glad I'll be able to go to therapy this week. I really look forward to it.

Thank you for posting updates on your situation, Saint Frankenstein. I appreciate it, and I'm glad to hear that you're doing a bit better.

Take care of yourself and keep your chin up.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Edit:

A "crutch"? How ****ing rude. You have no clue what you're talking about. I have severe trauma and went through most of my life barely able to function at all. You ever been so crippled by anxiety you couldn't even bring yourself to check the mail or bear being seen by anyone else? I was a veritable shutin for years. I also disassociate a lot. It's hard for me to do things "normal" people can do! That's what a disability is, and I have physical ones, too! So don't you dare lecture me about anything! I am not stupid and this is not my first rodeo.

I said I contacted Legal Aid and did the intake. So leave me alone about lawyers. Most of those sites don't even contact you back. See, I've been through it with them before.
like I said, not gonna sugarcoat it. How many lawyers have you contacted in the last three months? Not stupid “legal aid” but legit lawyers?

You’re competent enough to post here. You’re competent enough to reach out to real lawyers.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
like I said, not gonna sugarcoat it. How many lawyers have you contacted in the last three months? Not stupid “legal aid” but legit lawyers?

You’re competent enough to post here. You’re competent enough to reach out to real lawyers.
I don't owe you an explanation. I've said what's been going on with me over the past months. Now learn how to fix your damn quotes if you reply again or I won't bother replying. I don't have time to edit, especially since your smart butt thinks I have no time at all to even be here. You're wasting my time! :rolleyes:

Watchmen

Premium Member

Edit:

I don't owe you an explanation. I've said what's been going on with me over the past months. Now learn how to fix your damn quotes if you reply again or I won't bother replying. I don't have time to edit, especially since your smart butt thinks I have no time at all to even be here. You're wasting my time! :rolleyes:
I didn’t ask for an explanation. The quotes are an RF bug. Wish you the best but it’s a shame you won’t find real help with legal issues. Good luck.

Watchmen

Premium Member

Edit:

I didn’t ask for an explanation. The quotes are an RF bug. Wish you the best but it’s a shame you won’t find real help with legal issues. Good luck.
It's ****ing 10:35 pm on Sunday night and tomorrow is a holiday. What ****ing lawyer is available for contact! Get out of my thread, @Watchmen! :rolleyes::mad:
As I said, online forms. And you can call Tuesday. Stop making excuses and get legal help for legal issues.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
I'm going to a lawyer to deal with Kroger. They have been jerking me around for months, saying the money they owe me is coming and it never arrives. The union is just making up excuses for them. Every week is the same crap. I contacted a lawyer today. They're going to give me what they owe me, at the very least.

I cut up my name badge and threw everything away. I will never work there again, and may never shop there again when I'm done with this. Kroger has shown itself to be evil, malicious and abusive. They have a battered workforce that is too afraid to really stand up to Kroger as Kroger keeps them poor and most of them are living paycheck to paycheck, barely making ends meet.

Another thing that has broken my heart is that I learned I have no retirement savings from my time with Kroger. I called because I was thinking of accessing my benefits, but there's nothing there. All these years, I believed I was automatically enrolled and my payslips were saying that money was being taken out for 401k. Guess not! That really hurt. I have nothing at all to show for working at that dump for years! Not a damn penny!

So I'm off to the plasma donation center to eat again. My bank account is really overdrawn due to bills going through. Oh, well. I'll have to let that bank account go as I'm too poor to have a bank account.

I'm trying to figure out how to apply for unemployment again but I don't really understand it and the site barely works on my phone. Someone needs to help me through the process as I've never done it before. I hate dealing with the government.

Then I have court for the eviction on Wednesday. Fun, fun!

Oh, but I least got to send in my application for school! I might be homeless and destitute, but I'll be a student! :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

As I said, online forms. And you can call Tuesday. Stop making excuses and get legal help for legal issues.
Some thoughts....
- Don't criticize the little time he spends on RF.
Everyone needs to socialize, lest life be even harder.
- He's clearly in over his head with life's demands.
Rather than lawyers, he needs counseling (IMO)
to deal with his own contributions to his employment
problems.

A potentially useful approach to housing....
I have a helper who's 76 years old, has a very difficult
personality, has health issues, blames all his troubles
on others, & has no job.
He does 30 hours work per month in exchange for
parking his low cost old RV trailer at my storage facility,
where he has utilities. It's quasi-legal, & few businesses
are willing to do this, but there's no cheaper way to live
that I know of.
BTW, it's a much better deal for him than for me.
Otherwise he'd be homeless. It's charity with dignity
because there's exchange of value.

Last edited: