• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Italy makes surrogacy an universal crime

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It was already a crime in Italy, now it forbids people from doing it abroad too :
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/italy-makes-it-illegal-seek-surrogacy-abroad-2024-10-16/

In the country the practice is also despised and nicknamed as "uterus for rent" to highlight how certain women are disposed to rent their own motherhood , as if babies were things to sell.

I applaud this decision. I mean... I think that couples that cannot have children should grow up and become adults.
You become an adult when you understand that sacrifice and renounce give you wisdom and strength.
So...if God didn't give you any children, you must respect His will. And move on.

Thoughts? ;)
Be as merciless as possible.

GoodAttention

How’s that Italian birth rate looking? ;)

Altruistic surrogacy should be legal. If an Italian woman has a sister who can carry the child that she cannot then why not?

If an Italian widow can still have IVF if her husband dies, then Italy’s surrogacy laws make no sense.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
How’s that Italian birth rate looking? ;)
In a Europe run by usurers, you must not and cannot produce children. Who will be victimized by the system.
:)
Altruistic surrogacy should be legal. If an Italian woman has a sister who can carry the child that she cannot then why not?
Well...the sister can also sleep with the brother-in-law... I mean... swinging is so fashionable these days.

If an Italian widow can still have IVF if her husband dies, then Italy’s surrogacy laws make no sense.
Children deserve young mothers.
This law intends to undo a horrific marketplace where babies are commodified.
A human being is juridically a person whose existence has no price.

HonestJoe

Thoughts? ;)
Be as merciless as possible.
Do you also believe adoption should be criminalised on the same basis? What about all the other medical procedures that can be used to help a couple struggling to have children naturally? Where do you draw the line of "Gods will"? After all, if God didn't want surrogacy to happen, why would it be possible?

While there are certainly issues with how surrogacy is operated in some cases, I'm not convinced criminalising it entirely is the best way to address those issues nor will it necessarily prevent all of the most problematic behaviour happening.

Also, I couldn't help but notice you didn't even mention the idea that this is primarily targeted at same-sex couples, and the welfare of mixed-sex couples who can't have children of their own has just been sacrificed for political purposes.