• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

It's so hard to find good Thai

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I love Thai food. I love food from all different Asian countries (sushi is my drug), but I can go for Thai noodles any day without hesitation. To me the extra spice you find in Thai food is what a lot of Chinese take out places lack. Unfortunately, the only decent Thai place within a reasonable distance went out of business. :sad4:

Although I do have one complaint: since it was such a "fancy" establishment, the work force purposely mistreated teens. I think the waiters were actually told to not put as much attention into younger audiences because as a group we don't tip as much. I sort of experienced this, but I had a worse scenario at Chile's once where I didn't get service for 20 minute intervals. The first and only time I left nothing for a tip.

Last edited:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I love Thai food. I love food from all different Asian countries (sushi is my drug), but I can go for Thai noodles any day without hesitation. To me the extra spice you find in Thai food is what a lot of Chinese take out places lack. Unfortunately, the only decent Thai place within a reasonable distance went out of business. :sad4:

Although I do have one complaint: since it was such a "fancy" establishment, the work force purposely mistreated teens. I think the waiters were actually told to not put as much attention into younger audiences because as a group we don't tip as much. I sort of experienced this, but I had a worse scenario at Chile's once where I didn't get service for 20 minute intervals. The first and only time I left nothing for a tip.
Make your own, it's really not difficult.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Here's the sauce I like: coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce and a little sugar. Then add whatever protein, veggies, noodles, or rice combo you like. It's really amendable to whatever your tastes are.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Here's the sauce I like: coconut milk, red curry paste, fish sauce and a little sugar. Then add whatever protein, veggies, noodles, or rice combo you like. It's really amendable to whatever your tastes are.
Ummm, fish sauce? I don't cook with fish sauce too often. :p Where do you get it? Is it sold as is?

Seven

six plus one
What's a dish recommendation that nearly everyone would like? Any thoughts?
This is my all time fave Thai dish. I've never met anyone who doesn't like it. Even my brother loves it, and he hates pork. It makes a fair bit so it's good if your having people over for dinner, as long as they're not vegetarian that is. (I just use 1.5 tsp of chili flakes instead of dried whole chilies)

Buttercup

Veteran Member
This is my all time fave Thai dish. I've never met anyone who doesn't like it. Even my brother loves it, and he hates pork. It makes a fair bit so it's good if your having people over for dinner, as long as they're not vegetarian that is. (I just use 1.5 tsp of chili flakes instead of dried whole chilies)
Just printed this recipe out and added your recommendation for the chilies....thank you! Sounds sooo good. :drool:

Seven

six plus one
Just printed this recipe out and added your recommendation for the chilies....thank you! Sounds sooo good. :drool:
No worries. If you have any trouble finding ingredients just let me know and I'll give you some substitutes.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
My wife and I spent a wonderful vacation in Thailand and loved the cuisine, but here I pretty much stick to tom yum. We are, however, fortunate to live not too far from Aruns.