• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I've Joined the Coffee Party

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
[youtube]T6HP49n5X90[/youtube]

Coffee Party USA gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.
Your thoughts?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
From the one meeting I've attended, not precisely. Everyone there happened to be rather liberal, but this being Portland, that's no surprise.

The goal of the movement is reconciliation and civility in public discourse. It seems to me that defining it by political affiliation is therefore counterproductive.

A

angellous_evangellous

Well, it is about time that someone offer a forum to discuss things other than the vapid hate-mongering of the Tea Party.

But I would hate to see anything that weakens Democratic movement.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
The Tea Party ended up pretty much a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GOP. It'll be interesting to see whether this movement gets turfed as well.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Mission Statement:
The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

dust1n

Zindīq
Mission Statement:
The Coffee Party Movement gives voice to Americans who want to see cooperation in government. We recognize that the federal government is not the enemy of the people, but the expression of our collective will, and that we must participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans. As voters and grassroots volunteers, we will support leaders who work toward positive solutions, and hold accountable those who obstruct them.

That's terrorist talk right there.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
When the federal government truly becomes the expression of the collective will of the people, I'll gladly join the Coffee Party.

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to participate in the democratic process in order to address the challenges that we face as Americans - and I continue to be a skeptic of the values and goals of expansive federal ANYTHING. Though I doubt the motives of most politicians, I realize that they are a necessary evil and I will continue to vote for the lesser of the evils as long as possible.

As a voter and a grassroots volunteer, I have alway supported and will continue to support leaders who work toward positive solutions - while maintaining what I believe is a healthy level of suspicion of anyone who chooses politics as a career.

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
When the federal government truly becomes the expression of the collective will of the people, I'll gladly join the Coffee Party.
Yeah, at the moment, it seems to be an expression of the collective will of multinational corporations.

Mr. Hair

Renegade Cavalcade
Wait, you mean there's no organised political Frappuccino Party? The tasty iced coffee beverage that you drink from bottle, or can, has been rendered... Impotent?

... Your wounds are deep, America. Your wounds are deep.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Indeed, but from where I sit, it's the people's fault. Not solely, but primarily.

We've disengaged, allowing corporations to fill the vacuum of power.

Agreed. People love to blame 'the Government', but the government derives its power from the people. In the last 150 years or so the people have allowed the government to become what it is today.
And it is up to the people to induce change in our representative republic.

I signed on to the Coffee Party, but, as Storm has said, will keep an eye out for Democratic influence. We should shape the party, not allow the party to shape us.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Oh, I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In '77 and '69, revolution was in the air
I was born too late, into a world that doesn't care
Oh, I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair

~ Sandy Thom, I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker (With Flowers In My Hair)

Last edited: