• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

James Web reflects Tablet of the Universe.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I can add another though, this quote I think is from a provisional translation, so the wording may not be correct. I first read this in the early 80's, it opened for me a great interest in the development of anything to do with magnetic assisted power sources.

"...any movement animated by love moveth from the periphery to the centre, from space to the Day-Star of the universe. Perchance thou deemest this to be difficult, but I tell thee that such cannot be the case, for when the motivating and guiding power is the divine force of magnetism it is possible, by its aid, to traverse time and space easily and swiftly..."

Regards Tony
Divine force of magnetism? What does that even mean, does God stick to magnets or something?

Magnetism is definitely a physical force as far as I'm aware, the earth is a large albeit week magnet and it hasn't gone flying through space and time anymore than it's occupants have give or take a little with exception made for astronauts.

I can honestly say that if in the unlikely event some form of magnetism was made that could traverse space and time such a vague and useless scripture would have contributed nothing to our understanding of it in my view.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Thus Abdul'baha explains our known universe and offers that it is only one of an unlimited amount of universes, all in the mid to late 1800's.
Where did he do that? He didn't call it the tablet of *a* universe, he called it the tablet of *the* universe in my opinion.

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Where did he do that? He didn't call it the tablet of *a* universe, he called it the tablet of *the* universe in my opinion.
I am sorry, I should have made an attempt of imparting what I see is written in that Tablet. Maybe you can forgive me, but one wears down with the negative aspect of many posts and in that state, one actually repeats the negativity.

The extract that answered that question was in the introductory OP post. When I first read this Tablet back at leat 35 years ago, it gave me the vision of all that we can know in our reality, all that we can know our about the expanse of space, is but the ONE LAMP of this ancient tradition.

"... God, exalted be He, fashioned one hundred thousand, thousand lamps and suspended the Throne, the earth, the heavens and whatsoever is between them, even Heaven and Hell -- all of these in a single lamp. And only God knows what is in the rest of the lamps.'..."

In other words let our mind contemplate the expanse of the creation that we can observe using the James Web, knowing that this telescope is still very short sighted and then consider that is only the ONE LAMP.

Then the tablet goes on to say that the learned "have posited limits and restrictions for such matters is to be explained by the limitations of people's minds and perceptions and the blindness of the followers of allusions..."

It is most illogical to then consider we are the only 'human' capable of retional.thpught. I have posted a thought in this OP as well, that 'human' represents a level of spirit capable of 'rational thought'. There are species of 'human' spread throughout the expanse of this creation,, more than likely far advanced than us war mongers. If we can think it, it is already possible.

Our progress from scifi to making reality also makes that a logical observation.

I would.like to add a thought about how I and many Baha'i see 'Christ'.

Christ is an unlimited amount of Names and Attributes in this Lamp and across all the One Hundred Thousand Thousand other Lamps.

Thus many Billions of Billions of independent Messages have been delivered to many billions d billions of Human species across an unlimited creation.

Now God is outside of all that. Can you see why restricting God to a flesh body of Jesus is now out of the question?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Try the red pill next time it's offered
I am very happy with the pill I chose.

I can offer another thought about that, I thought I am neither for or against, it is just an interesting observation. I have been watching quite a few NDE experiences and one of the unusual themes that seem to be in a lot of these, is that we choose to be born in this matrix in a condition that we wanted ro experience. That is an interesting concept.

What is very apparent is that the vast majority do not want to return to their body, they want to remain in the indescribable Love amd beauty they have been given to experience, the actual true reality of the Spiritual Worlds of God, not this realm of illusion.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

May God's Will be Done
Premium Member
Divine force of magnetism? What does that even mean, does God stick to magnets or something?

Magnetism is definitely a physical force as far as I'm aware, the earth is a large albeit week magnet and it hasn't gone flying through space and time anymore than it's occupants have give or take a little with exception made for astronauts.

I can honestly say that if in the unlikely event some form of magnetism was made that could traverse space and time such a vague and useless scripture would have contributed nothing to our understanding of it in my view.
I do not know what it means, I see the verses give us a spiritual and material potential, not how we will both spiritually and scientifically acheive that potenrial.

I also posted a thought above that humans are not granted access to that technology while we are not a united species, look what we did with the atomic energy, what would we do with a power that enables as to traverse time and space easily and swiftly.

When humanity does eventually find the oneness of mind, we'll anything will be possible as "United we stand, divided we fall".

Thus as I offered, I observe with great interest any progress we make with magnetism as an ingredient to a power source, my guess is we will also need AI to control its function, as from what I read it might be like a pulse motion.

Regards Tony

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am sorry, I should have made an attempt of imparting what I see is written in that Tablet. Maybe you can forgive me, but one wears down with the negative aspect of many posts and in that state, one actually repeats the negativity.

The extract that answered that question was in the introductory OP post. When I first read this Tablet back at leat 35 years ago, it gave me the vision of all that we can know in our reality, all that we can know our about the expanse of space, is but the ONE LAMP of this ancient tradition.

"... God, exalted be He, fashioned one hundred thousand, thousand lamps and suspended the Throne, the earth, the heavens and whatsoever is between them, even Heaven and Hell -- all of these in a single lamp. And only God knows what is in the rest of the lamps.'..."

In other words let our mind contemplate the expanse of the creation that we can observe using the James Web, knowing that this telescope is still very short sighted and then consider that is only the ONE LAMP.
In other words he has included spirit realms (ie heaven and hell) within "one lamp" since those are not part of the universe I think you are confusing the admittedly (and perhaps designed so) vague reference to "lamps" as "universes".

Universe/(s) if there are any others are more likely to be physical in nature I believe, so you can see why he didn't mean there is more than one Universe, because he could have just said it in straight forward language - "there is more than one universe". People may have questioned how we can know, but at least they would know what he was talking about if that's all he meant.
Then the tablet goes on to say that the learned "have posited limits and restrictions for such matters is to be explained by the limitations of people's minds and perceptions and the blindness of the followers of allusions..."

It is most illogical to then consider we are the only 'human' capable of retional.thpught. I have posted a thought in this OP as well, that 'human' represents a level of spirit capable of 'rational thought'. There are species of 'human' spread throughout the expanse of this creation,, more than likely far advanced than us war mongers. If we can think it, it is already possible.

Our progress from scifi to making reality also makes that a logical observation.

I would.like to add a thought about how I and many Baha'i see 'Christ'.

Christ is an unlimited amount of Names and Attributes in this Lamp and across all the One Hundred Thousand Thousand other Lamps.

Thus many Billions of Billions of independent Messages have been delivered to many billions d billions of Human species across an unlimited creation.

Now God is outside of all that. Can you see why restricting God to a flesh body of Jesus is now out of the question?

Regards Tony
Seems irrelevant to anything I said in my view.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
I just watched a 60 Minutes YouTube video on the pictures that the James Web Telscope is able to produce. During the presentation a scientist said that 95% of the universe is held in place by an unknown force, it is not gravity.
it is gravity, but apparently it is by matter that cannot be seen. They call this "dark matter". I don't think The Tablet of the Universe has anyhting to do with the phenomenon of "dark matter".

Watchmen

Premium Member
I just watched a 60 Minutes YouTube video on the pictures that the James Web Telscope is able to produce. During the presentation a scientist said that 95% of the universe is held in place by an unknown force, it is not gravity.

A Tablet written at the request of Bahá’u’lláh by Abdul'baha, sometime between 1876 and 1883, shows a verbal picture of what James Webb is now showing, but most importantly mentions a "universal attractive force" that holds all this in order and in place.

This is an extract

"....Divine and all-encompassing Wisdom hath ordained that motion be an inseparable concomitant of existence, whether inherently or accidentally, spiritually or materially. This movement must be governed by some check or rein, some regulator or director, otherwise order will be disrupted and the spheres and bodies will fall from the heavens. For this reason God brought into being a universal attractive force between these bodies to hold sway over them and govern them, a force deriving from the firm ties, the mighty correspondence and affinity that exist between the realities of these limitless worlds. By the operation of this attractive force those holy and resplendent suns, with their luminous worlds, satellites and planets, circling and orbiting in their heavens, at once exerted attraction and were subject to it, induced motion and were themselves moved, began orbiting and set into orbit other bodies, shone forth and caused others to shine. In this manner they became arranged in a perfectly ordered system, each one a handiwork of consummate fashioning and manifest beauty, each one an enduring creation and a conclusive proof..."

Further on in the Tablet Abdul'baha explains that the Spiritual Worlds of God are unlimited and this reflects the Material worlds of God

"....In like manner the worlds of bodily existence the mind of no man can reckon nor the understanding of the learned comprehend. Consider the following well-known tradition and examine its meanings indicative of the vastness of the cosmos and its awesome limitless expanse: 'God, exalted be He, fashioned one hundred thousand, thousand lamps and suspended the Throne, the earth, the heavens and whatsoever is between them, even Heaven and Hell -- all of these in a single lamp. And only God knows what is in the rest of the lamps.' The fact that philosophers and sages have posited limits and restrictions for such matters is to be explained by the limitations of people's minds and perceptions and the blindness of the followers of allusions, whose natures and intellects have been rendered dull and inanimate by the interposition of many veils..."

Thus Abdul'baha explains our known universe and offers that it is only one of an unlimited amount of universes, all in the mid to late 1800's. Abdul'baha was not schooled in science or astronomy.

I think we can now start to see that Science and Religion are indeed becoming the wings of one bird, each able to show us a vast unlimited knowledge. Eventually when we unite our minds, this will be able us to traverse material time and space easily and swiftly with the divine force of magnetism.

Regards Tony
Hi Tony. You’re sorely mistaken.