• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jedi as a religion

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
I've noticed that there are a couple people in this forum who call themselves Jedi when asked for their religion and I'd like to know...... Is this "jedi religion" based on the star wars movies or is it based on an older religion(s) and it just happens to use the same term? Is it a combination? What are the precepts/ basic beliefs of these real life Jedi? What about a "sith religion"?(same questions)

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I've noticed that there are a couple people in this forum who call themselves Jedi when asked for their religion and I'd like to know...... Is this "jedi religion" based on the star wars movies or is it based on an older religion(s) and it just happens to use the same term? Is it a combination? What are the precepts/ basic beliefs of these real life Jedi? What about a "sith religion"?(same questions)

Though not a Jedi myself, from what I have read on it, it is based off the believes and ways of the Jedi from the Star War Universe. Though now to being a religion itself I have read that Lucas mixed stuff from different beliefs and ways of thinking to make the Jedi. And I am sure people can chose to follow a Sith base religion. I talked to some one online once who said he was a Sith, but he just seemed like a little kid playing a game.

Bathsheba

**{{}}**
I like to use the Jedi mind trick on my friends when I need taxi fare, but that is about all I use the religion for.

"Jediism is a religion based around the Force. Jediism members believe in the Force as our religion and the Jedi path as our philosophy and way of life, a Jedi Realist. To be an individual that follows Jediism you must be a Jedi Realist. A Jedi Realist is an individual that recognizes the philosophical value of the Star Wars mythology, mainly the fictional Jedi, and has integrated the outlook and values they present. There are a number of people here who mix their current religion with the Jedi path. All are welcome at Jediism to discuss any and all issues; however, our focus here is Jediism. Many people ask, how can Jediism be a religion? The definition of religion states that religion is a group of people who share a common belief. The Force is our religion and in that, it is not a question of belief in a God or not, for us it simply doesn't come into play as we believe the guidance of the Force will bring us to a course of right action. As a result, some have been guided to a belief in a God and others have not, but all believe that the Force will set them on their best path possible. We all walk our own path in Jediism. That is to say, none of us all believe and interpret the exact same things on many aspects of the Jedi path. On this website you will find a description of what a Jedi is and what it means to be a member of Jediism. Throughout this site you will find the foundation of the house, from there it is up to the individual to build the house on top of the foundation."

http://www.thejediismway.org/

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
It is not the only religion based on science fiction, or created by a science fiction writer.
The other is Scientology.
Though I rather prefer the Philosophy that goes along with Jediism.

Diogenes

It is not the only religion based on science fiction, or created by a science fiction writer.
The other is Scientology.
Though I rather prefer the Philosophy that goes along with Jediism.

And then you have H.P. Lovecraft and his Necronomicon. You still find this book in the non-fiction or occult section of the bookstore to this day even though Lovecraft admitted it was his 'fictional attempt' at creating a religion. Considering his popularity today, I'd say that he did a good job. Maybe this was Lucas' hidden agenda all along, also?:bow:

Nick Soapdish

Secret Agent
What are the principles of Jediism? Do Jedis believe there is a "force" that can be manipulated? Or is it just holding to the philosophy of the Jedi from the movies?