• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus’ Presence

Tinkerpeach

When you feel it, what are you feeling?
Comfort, peace, reassurance.

It’s a wonderful feeling.

Even days when the worst things are happening to you you know that God is with you and knows what you are feeling and you also know that it’s happening for some reason known only to God but that it is part of His plan which includes you.

It gives you the strength to fight through anything. When a person eventually gets along in their faith and grows closer to God, and you have that feeling, it is the absolute proof that many people on this forum keep asking for.

We can’t show it to you of course but a true believer has zero doubt about it.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
When you feel it, what are you feeling?

This happened when I was a teenager. I was raised a Christian so my experienced was clothed within that understanding.

My life was pretty sucky. I was homeless, didn't have any family of friends for support. I kept myself fed my stealing and had created a little camp in a wilderness area. I was ready to kill myself if things every got to the point I couldn't feed myself.

Anyway, I told God that they could have my life, I no longer wanted it. In that moment I felt as if a presence had come to comfort me. That I was no longer alone. There seemed to be a golden glow around me and I felt the burden of my life, being responsible for it lifted from me. I no longer had to worry about the future because it was all in God's hands now. Kind of hard to fully describe the experience.

Afterwards I felt I was no longer alone and because of that I could handle whatever life threw at me. So mostly a feeling that someone is watching over you and your worries are gone.

I had to let go of life to find it worth living.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Feelings should be more substantial in order to confirm or base anything on.

Otherwise it's just as @IndigoChild5559 put it. Its applications are limited to one's imagination and ones own inner realm.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
You are using your own imagination, mixed with a mild amount of dissociation, so that you think that inner voice is Jesus.

I tend to agree with you because of my own experience and that of other former Christians I know. I diligently sought God for forty years through daily prayer, worship, Bible studies, and ministries, only to end up disillusioned and heartbroken. Aside from Christians manipulating my emotions at church or outside of church, I never consistently felt what they claimed to be Jesus' (or God's) presence in their lives. I never felt the sense of inner peace in my life that other Christians claimed to feel in theirs. On the contrary, I consistently felt sadness, confusion, and hopelessness. In fact, I never felt peace until after I renounced my belief in God and disavowed my Christian faith. It took some time for me to finally feel it. Prior to this, I had never experienced personal tranquility or freedom from emotional bondage, despite years of sincere prayer, daily reading and studying the Bible, genuine dedication to serving God in church ministries, as well as being a devoted street preacher and evangelism team leader. I merely went through the motions and played church in the dire hope that I would start to feel something—anything that indicated to me that God is real and that he cares about me. I was desperate to know the truth. I appeared to be a joyful Christian on the outside, but on the inside, I was deeply bereft of hope, joy, and inner peace. I was constantly hurting and suffering emotionally, and no one else knew about my personal misery other than my husband. I am not exaggerating when I say that being a Christian was an absolute nightmare for me (I shared my story here). I'm truly relieved to be free of Christianity, and I have no desire whatsoever to ever return to it.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Otherwise it's just as @IndigoChild5559 put it. Its applications are limited to one's imagination and ones own inner realm.
Feelings should never be the basis for anything. Feelings are so fickle. Today I feel like I have friends. Yesterday I felt alone and lonely. Many people make their worst decisions because they ":felt" it was the right thing or the correct idea.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
This happened when I was a teenager. I was raised a Christian so my experienced was clothed within that understanding.

My life was pretty sucky. I was homeless, didn't have any family of friends for support. I kept myself fed my stealing and had created a little camp in a wilderness area. I was ready to kill myself if things every got to the point I couldn't feed myself.

Anyway, I told God that they could have my life, I no longer wanted it. In that moment I felt as if a presence had come to comfort me. That I was no longer alone. There seemed to be a golden glow around me and I felt the burden of my life, being responsible for it lifted from me. I no longer had to worry about the future because it was all in God's hands now. Kind of hard to fully describe the experience.

Afterwards I felt I was no longer alone and because of that I could handle whatever life threw at me. So mostly a feeling that someone is watching over you and your worries are gone.

I had to let go of life to find it worth living.
I am sorry you went through this. In a way I understand although I was never homeless because no matter what junk I pulled (before I 'found' God and He found me) my parents would rescue me. But I gave them a rough time although later I made some changes for the better. Thank you for relating your experience. I am glad you feel better now but -- life isn't so easy and I look forward to what God promises. But I am glad you are feeling better, thank you for sharing.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)

Gotta say some people are "affected." By that I mean by drugs and other stuff not too good for the psyche. So there are street bashings of people they don't know, gang warfare, and other awful crimes. Due to "feelings."