• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus and Servitude

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if jesus came to serve and not to be served, why are some idolizing, kowtowing to the idea of servitude, or respect to one vs not another? was jesus a service to self type?

AlexanderG

I often hear phrases like, "Make every thought a slave to Jesus," "I'm a slave to Jesus," "Accept god's lordship in your life," etc. I don't know where this whole Jesus-is-a-servant idea plays out in the most visible Christianity of modern times. And yes, there is far too much money in organized religion for it not to become self-serving. Actual Jesus might be flipping some tables, were he to return.

In any case, it seems like each Christian just gravitates to the denomination/church/interpretation that matches their particular personality type. Jesus becomes the guy that each person needs him to be, to satisfy the emotional needs or prejudices they already carry. That's the cool thing about imaginary friends.