• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus Christ is alive or not?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
ah, but it does...

Hebrews 1:1 God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways to our forefathers by means of the prophets, 2 has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, ....and after he had made a purification for our sins he sat down on the right hand of the Majesty in lofty places

Hebrews 10:12 But this [man] offered one sacrifice for sins perpetually and sat down at the right hand of God, 13 from then on awaiting until his enemies should be placed as a stool for his feet

Acts 7:55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand

Colossians 3:1 If, however, YOU were raised up with the Christ, go on seeking the things above, where the Christ is seated at the right hand of God

1Peter 3:22 He is at God’s right hand, for he went his way to heaven; and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him

Jesus will remain in heaven until he has dealt with all of Gods enemies...thats why he said "just a little while longer and the world will behold me no more"
When Christ returns, it will be to deal with Gods enemy Satan...and we will not visibly see that battle....but we will certainly feel its effects. Keep Awake!
Sorry, Pegg, but I don't see anything there that denies the possibility that Christ made any post-resurrection appearances. I, too, believe that He is currently in Heaven, where He sits on the right hand of His Father, but I also believe that when He said He had "other sheep" that would "hear His voice," He meant exactly that.

Muffled

Jesus in me
All Christians I have ever heard of believe Jesus died on the cross, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven. This is true of both trinitarian and unitarian beliefs.
The substitution belief is only believed by Muslims.

There might be different beliefs as to the form Jesus takes in heaven. But as he did not die for a second time before he ascended, It would seem he could still be in the form of man, though I personally doubt it, as I do not believe heaven to be physical.

You mean that you think Jesus is in Heaven but has somehow lost his body?

The Bible does say the He asceneded into the heavens but it also says that He will descend in like manner. The intimation is that Jesus is still in His body. Given Paul's statement that Jesus is in a body that doesn't die that would be eminently possible. (First fruit)

As for sighting Jesus in Heaven that could just be a transfiguration.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My thinking is that he ascended first (Mary saw him before he ascended), then came and revealed himself to the rest of the believers:

John 20:17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’”

After he ascended and came back, there are many accounts of them holding him, touching his wounds, etc, which he did not want until he ascended. Of course, he descended, then later he ascended permanently in front of many witnesses (until he comes back one last time).

The "I am ascending" is not necessitated by a need not to be touched. Jesus did fulfill that when He ascended. All that Jesus is saying is don't try to keep me because I am going away.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Incidentally, it's quite possible to reject the doctrine of the Trinity and still believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

I agree and Jesus is my savior so I definitely consider myself Christian. I have had fellow Christians say otherwise probably because they have a very long list of requirements for being a Christian.