• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus' prophecy about Muhammad (PBUH)

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
In John 16:7, we read that Jesus said "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."
If you read on further it describes the comforter. Those statements fit Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He also says he will bring "all truth". That means he has a solution for everything, which of course Islam does.
Any comments?

rocketman

Out there...
verses 13-15 (NIV) "But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you."

Christians believe that this entire passage refers to the Holy Spirit. A prophecy that was fullfilled later:

Acts 2:1-4 " When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them."

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
I think "Spirit" is just used as a person in the Bible's language.
And, if you think Holy Spirit is the comforter, then what was the "all truth" which he introduced?

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
No, the language is clear.

The rest of the New Testament.
Spirit is a poetic way of saying a person.
Please give an example. Also the Prophet did just what God commanded him. He was like the voice of God, he only said what he heard.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Not in this case. Not at all. See John 15:26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me."I already did. The NT.
The Father (which is God) did send Muhammad as a messenger. The "goes out" means comes from. Oh and what does "tongues of fire" and "other tongues" mean?

rocketman

Out there...
The Father (which is God) did send Muhammad as a messenger. The "goes out" means comes from. Oh and what does "tongues of fire" and "other tongues" mean?
Perhaps you are not familiar with the original Greek or the fact that Jesus did not use the term 'spirit' for an individual man. For example:

Mark 13:11 (NIV) " Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit. "

rocketman

Out there...
Oh and what does "tongues of fire" and "other tongues" mean?
It's an old way of describing small packets of flame, or what looked like flame. It may have been the closest thing they could compare with what they were seeing. And speaking in tongues simply means speaking in other languages.

S.Z (Muslim)

Humble Slave of Allah.
Perhaps you are not familiar with the original Greek or the fact that Jesus did not use the term 'spirit' for an individual man. For example:

Mark 13:11 (NIV) " Whenever you are arrested and brought to trial, do not worry beforehand about what to say. Just say whatever is given you at the time, for it is not you speaking, but the Holy Spirit. "
That says Holy Spirit, brother. I am talking about "spirit". no Holy in it.

It's an old way of describing small packets of flame, or what looked like flame. It may have been the closet thing they could compare with what they were seeing. And speaking in tongues simply means speaking in other languages.
Okay, thanks.

Popeyesays

Do you want a verse where Jesus says the Counsellor is the Holy Spirit? Here ya' go brother:

John 14:26 " But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."

You're welcome.

You have to buy the concept of Trinity to buy that interpretation. In other words one would be forced to chop God into co-equal chunks or multiplied Him into a split personality disorder.

To0 Islam the concept of the Trinityas Christians portray it is a blasphemy which creates equals to God.

Regards,

Scott

McBell

Admiral Obvious
In John 16:7, we read that Jesus said "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you."
If you read on further it describes the comforter. Those statements fit Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He also says he will bring "all truth". That means he has a solution for everything, which of course Islam does.
Any comments?
There are 4 Comforter Statements made by Jesus; all in John. In every case the “Helper” is said to be the “Holy Spirit” or the “Spirit of truth.”
• John 14:16-17: “[The Father] will give you another Comforter…that is the Spirit of truth”
• John 14:25-26: “the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send…He will teach you all things”
• John 15:26 - 16:1: “When the Comforter comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth…He will testify about Me”
• John 16:7-30: “if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you….when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth…He will glorify Me, for He will take of Mine and disclose it to you.”
While the Comforter can only come after Jesus has left (John 16:7), it is in a different manner. In John 14:16-17, Jesus says that the Comforter abides (present tense) with you and he will be (future tense) in you. Moreover, in Acts 9:31 we see that the Holy Spirit was indeed comforting after Jesus had ascended: “So the church throughout all Judea and Galilee and Samaria enjoyed peace, being built up; and going on in the fear of the Lord and in the comfort of the Holy Spirit, it continued to increase.”

Source

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You have to buy the concept of Trinity to buy that interpretation. In other words one would be forced to chop God into co-equal chunks or multiplied Him into a split personality disorder.
And you are an authority on this Scott?

To Islam the concept of the Trinityas Christians portray it is a blasphemy which creates equals to God.
Should Christians care particularly what Islam has to say about anything in the Bible? Don't you find it profoundly amusing that many Muslims will whine on and on about how the Bible is changed/corrrupted and yet unabashedly lift sections of it out as proof of their Prophet's mission?

How convenient is that?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
And you are an authority on this Scott?

Should Christians care particularly what Islam has to say about anything in the Bible? Don't you find it profoundly amusing that many Muslims will whine on and on about how the Bible is changed/corrrupted and yet unabashedly lift sections of it out as proof of their Prophet's mission?

How convenient is that?
I have talked to a few Muslim that claim that anything in the Bible that helps their cause is true and unchanged because God protected it.

Anything from the Bible that hurts their cause has obviously been changed,
Though they offer no explanation as to why god did not protect it and/or allowed it to be changed.

moegypt

I have talked to a few Muslim that claim that anything in the Bible that helps their cause is true and unchanged because God protected it.

Though they offer no explanation as to why god did not protect it and/or allowed it to be changed.

We want to talk about the matter...

The matter is that " There are changes happened"

rocketman

Out there...
We want to talk about the matter...

The matter is that " There are changes happened"
Hi Moegypt.

Do you think Jesus was talking about the Muslim prophet or the Holy Spirit?

Do all Muslims believe what the poster S.Z. believes?

Who is the authority in Islam for deciding what parts of the Christian Holy texts are true or false?

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse

Well, you know god...works in mysterious ways and all that.:cool: