• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus said “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

cardero

Citizen Mod
....but what if Caesar's ****ing up?

It seems that either way taxpayers will have to share the brunt, so what do we think Jesus would advise his followers about the current financial crises in the U.S.?

herushura

They put that verse in there because Ceaser wanted more tax, i bet Caeser told them to write it in there

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
but what if Caesar's ****ing up?

It seems that either way taxpayers will have to share the brunt, so what do we think Jesus would advise his followers about the current financial crises in the U.S.?
We are obligated under the law to pay our taxes or face a penalty maybe even prison. We would have to change the powers that be by removing them from office and try to accomplish it in accordance to the laws of the land. Americans are a spoiled nation with people that outspend their budget, hasn't planned for the future and let the politicians get away with everything short of murder, so I guess we will just have to hang on and best we can and hopefully learn a bitter lesson. After all "we did it our way". Jesus would say" I told you so".........:D

codebar

1. Do you know what The Righteous Law of the land is?
2.Do you know what happened to the Character Jesus?
3.Who is Caesar?
4.Who is God?
5.Do we have a moral obligation to follow evil individuals, and their evil plans?

herushura

1. Do you know what The Righteous Law of the land is?
2.Do you know what happened to the Character Jesus?
3.Who is Caesar?
4.Who is God?
5.Do we have a moral obligation to follow evil individuals, and their evil plans?

1. = No prostitutes
2. = he Died
3. = Roman King / King family Name
4. = Big guy with beard
5. = No, unless they are Fit women and get 50% of world dominaton contract

Last edited:

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
We are obligated under the law to pay our taxes or face a penalty maybe even prison. We would have to change the powers that be by removing them from office and try to accomplish it in accordance to the laws of the land. Americans are a spoiled nation with people that outspend their budget, hasn't planned for the future and let the politicians get away with everything short of murder, so I guess we will just have to hang on and best we can and hopefully learn a bitter lesson. After all "we did it our way". Jesus would say" I told you so".........:D

My thoughts exactly. :cool:

blackout

Violet.

Well that would just be Ceaser redistributing his own stuff.

Jesus might say, "cast a line, and see what you catch"...

Last edited:

Rolling_Stone

What have taxes to do with the spiritual welfare of man?

Rolling_Stone

We get what we deserve?

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
What have taxes to do with the spiritual welfare of man?
Because the Christians are to obey the laws of the land where they live, so they have a moral obligation to pay taxes. It is the Spiritual welfare or well being of a Christian to do this......;)

Jeremy Mason

[/quote]

We are obligated under the law to pay our taxes or face a penalty maybe even prison. We would have to change the powers that be by removing them from office and try to accomplish it in accordance to the laws of the land.

True.

Americans are a spoiled nation with people that outspend their budget, hasn't planned for the future and let the politicians get away with everything short of murder, so I guess we will just have to hang on and best we can and hopefully learn a bitter lesson.

True to extent. The government has throughout history acted outside of the peoples consent. Couple this with the Center Reserve Bank, who is under no governmental control and you have recipe for slavery.

After all "we did it our way". Jesus would say" I told you so".........:D

True, but without the :D.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
True.

True to extent. The government has throughout history acted outside of the peoples consent. Couple this with the Center Reserve Bank, who is under no governmental control and you have recipe for slavery.

True, but without the :D.[/quote]
Jeremy.....:slap:.........:D

Rolling_Stone

Americans are a spoiled nation with people that outspend their budget:D
I'm on your side with the tax thing.

Unless you've been to a poor country, you don't know how right you are about Americans being spoiled.
IMG%5D
Rolling_Stone_photo
Picture046A-1.jpg

IMG%5D

Last edited:

emiliano

Mat 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you.
This is a temporary set back, the sky in no falling, have faith and trust God:beach:

Minister_E

Well Im looking as we speak but the bible does indicate what to do when cival disobedience is acceptable and how to handle a government like that...check this out

A. Authority of government is not unlimited.
1. Not blind patriotism, "my country, right or wrong"
2. Absolute, unqualified subjection due only to absolute, unqualified authority of God.
B. Human government usurps God's authority when demands subjection to laws contrary to
God's character and expectations.
C. Legitimate cause for civil disobedience - Acts 5:29
1. Not mere personal disagreement with ideology or policies
2. Biblical examples
a. Daniel - prayer - Dan. 6
b. Peter - preaching - Acts 5:27-30
c. Paul - Acts 16:35-40; Acts 17:7
D. Resist government, resist God - Rom. 13:2
1. Is there ever legitimate time to resist, oppose, revolt, rebel, undermine, subvert in insurrection,
overthrow of government?

hope that helps