• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jesus was not a Christian and Buddha was not a Buddhist

psychoslice

Veteran Member
What I am trying to say that is religion can be a great stepping stone, but its not a good place to stay, we need to grow spiritually and move on from our religious beliefs, for all this does is to keep us from ever growing in spirit.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
yesus and buddha cannot be put in the same line...Buddha is an enlightened one and yesus is a normal human being who with his controversial history just taught some good things it is said...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What I am trying to say that is religion can be a great stepping stone, but its not a good place to stay, we need to grow spiritually and move on from our religious beliefs, for all this does is to keep us from ever growing in spirit.
Then what you call religion is something very different from what I do. A strawman, even.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
yesus and buddha cannot be put in the same line...Buddha is an enlightened one and yesus is a normal human being who with his controversial history just taught some good things it is said...
Ye that is what you have been taught, but that doesn't mean its true.

kalyan

Aspiring Sri VaishNava
Ye that is what you have been taught, but that doesn't mean its true.
christianity itself is a pagan festival, the religion that came by killing millions of pagans and by converting the rest and trying to forcefully establish a cult by introducing a character called jesus much later, if you observe the trend, you should clearly get the idea. Some say mary is the mother and some say mary is his wife, where is the truth ? It could have all been a character called jesus was made up to establish the newly found cult

psychoslice

Veteran Member
christianity itself is a pagan festival, the religion that came by killing millions of pagans and by converting the rest and trying to forcefully establish a cult by introducing a character called jesus much later, if you observe the trend, you should clearly get the idea. Some say mary is the mother and some say mary is his wife, where is the truth ? It could have all been a character called jesus was made up to establish the newly found cult
That maybe so, but even your beliefs are not the truth, the truth is never found in any belief system, be that, Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, and all the rest, to believe it is is nothing more than ignorance. So if you are feeling safe in your beliefs, then that is all it is, you are only using your belief for a crutch, and you will belittle anything that you believe is below your religion, this to me is nothing more than fear.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

We are all reaching for or expressing enlightenment. The Buddha didnt differientate himself from the suffering. He said he is no different than the one who suffers in his extreme empathy and bodhisattva nature.

Even if jesus was a regular joe smoe, his title and association with religion doesnt change he was a human like you and the same mind to reach buddhahood.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Then what you call religion is something very different from what I do. A strawman, even.

I was thinking that myself

@psychoslice maybe "religious dogma" or better "dogmatic religions" would be better. Religion is not all dogmatic in and of itself. We all practice religion. We dont all practice religion with dogmatic practices.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To be fair, @psychoslice is hardly the only one to use religion with that meaning. As noted elsewhere, John Lennon did in "Imagine". So do a lot of my Kaffir brothers in disbelief.

I still think it is wise to acknowledge that religion may and often does have a positive role to fulfill. It just should not be unchecked by reason and morality.