• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Jewish afterlife and the world to come.?

dantech

Thank you dear dantech, that was really helpful

may i ask one more question about those particular sins? is it sort of a known list? something from the Mitzvah?

Thanks in advance :)

Sages talk about different laws for which the punnishment is Chayav Kareit. For example, intercourse with a woman who is impure of Niddah is an Issur Kareit (Prohibition punished by Kareit) Also, in the Torah, it is mentioned a few times. See Genesis 17:14 and Exodus 31:14 for a few examples.

Saggio

Another example I read is of a baby who died a few months after birth because his soul is actually the one of a very righteous man who grew in time of war and was fed breast milk of a non Jewish mother, whose milk wasn't kosher.

What makes it unkosher? are they considered impure?

dantech

What dose Niddah mean ? Dose the impurity your refering to mean prostitution ?

Niddah is a state of impurity that the woman is in during and after her menstruation period. The amount of time varies and depends on the traditions and her actual cycle. The typical period is during menstruation(5 days), and then 7 more days. The woman is only purified once she bathes in the mikveh after the 7 days period.

Saggio

Sages talk about different laws for which the punnishment is Chayav Kareit. For example, intercourse with a woman who is impure of Niddah is an Issur Kareit (Prohibition punished by Kareit) Also, in the Torah, it is mentioned a few times. See Genesis 17:14 and Exodus 31:14 for a few examples.

The Rabbi in the video i will post beneath claims that certain sins will result in eternal punishment how mainstream is this view in Hasidic circles?

(See Youtube: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi Reincarnation)

dantech

The Rabbi in the video i will post beneath claims that certain sins will result in eternal punishment how mainstream is this view in Hasidic circles?

(See Youtube: Rabbi Yosef Mizrachi Reincarnation)

I honestly didn't watch it because it is a 2 hour video. Maybe I'll get to it later.

It is true that certain people do suffer in eternal punishment. An example would be Hitler, or others who have produced mass hatred/murder/crimes. God does not forgive people for sins they have commit against other people. Only the person you hurt can forgive you for the sin you commit against him. God only forgives sins that have been targeted towards him, after repent. For someone like Hitler to get out of this eternal punishment, he would need each and every person he ever hurt, in any possible way, to forgive him. Even then, I don't know for sure, but I don't think he sincerely repented to God to at least be forgiven for the types of sins that God does forgive.