• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Joe Biden’s mental state

Do you think Joe Biden has dementia?

• Yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
But that's certainly no reason not to engage in cruel enuendo, is it? Thanks for giving us a taste of the filth that Trump has normalized.
As long as Joe Biden remains on the public stage where Joe Biden acts incoherent, public scrutiny of his mental capacity is fair game.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A little, but not a lot, and not prioritizing it. I think that will be a reason he might be the Dem's best choice this. All contenders considered, he's as plain vanilla as it gets. Which could also end like it did for Kerry. (I think overall it would be best for Dems if they put everything behind winning Congress, but they're too stupid and short sighted and "must remove Trump," which I don't think they learned is harder than they thought).
A really strange news item...
Biden Calls Skeptical New Hampshire Voter ‘a Lying, Dog-Faced Pony Soldier’
Biden is strange....it sounds like something I would say.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think Biden has slipped a bit mentally, which in normal for those of us in his age group, but asserting possible "dementia" seems to me to be more of a slam than a serious question.

metis

As long as Joe Biden remains on the public stage where Joe Biden acts incoherent, public scrutiny of his mental capacity is fair game.

So, "Biden acts incoherent" but Trump doesn't?

So, how should we deal with your behavior and whom you support between Trump and Jesus as it seems that you can't differentiate between the words and actions of the two?

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think Biden has slipped a bit mentally, which in normal for those of us in his age group, but asserting possible "dementia" seems to me to be more of a slam than a serious question.
I agree.
Biden is much like Trump in this regard, ie, strange behavior is nothing new.

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
Of course no one here can give a medical diagnosis. But, based on what you know about Joe Biden’s behavior and your experience, does he seem to suffer from some form of dementia?
I haven't paid close enough attention, is there a clip in question somewhere?

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

"Jan 16, 2018 · Dr. Jackson said that Mr. Trump received a score of 30 out of 30 on the Montreal Cognitive Assessment, a well-known test regularly used at Walter Reed and other hospitals."

Trump Has Perfect Cognitive Test Score, White House Physician Says

4834EA8100000578-0-image-a-4_1516141429160.jpg

"Reportedly."

And was that before or after the drugs?

So, "Biden acts incoherent" but Trump doesn't?

So, how should we deal with your behavior and whom you support between Trump and Jesus as it seems that you can't differentiate between the words and actions of the two?

Many Trump followers like me are compelled to forgive Trump of his personal wrongdoings, because President Donald J. Trump has led America into unprecedented economy prosperity with his executive actions of enacting regulation cuts, U.S. withdrawal from the Paris climate treaty, fair and balanced trade deals like U.S.M.C.A. and the China Phase One, and approval of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; all this of our Trump-led Trumped-up economy leading to record prosperity with record high stock valuations, record employment opportunities for minorities, real wage growth for the middle class, and reduced poverty. Furthermore, Trump has helped strengthened our nation's security by way of having border security improved, the withdrawal of U.S. troops from endless wars, and the appointment of conservative judges. ...:)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Many Trump followers like me are compelled to forgive Trump of his personal wrongdoings, because President Donald J. Trump has led America into unprecedented economy prosperity with his executive actions of enacting regulation cuts, U.S. withdrawal from the Paris climate treaty, fair and balanced trade deals like U.S.M.C.A. and the China Phase One, and approval of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017; all this of our Trump-led Trumped-up economy leading to record prosperity with record high stock valuations, record employment opportunities for minorities, real wage growth for the middle class, and reduced poverty. Furthermore, Trump has helped strengthened our nation's security by way of having border security improved, the withdrawal of U.S. troops from endless wars, and the appointment of conservative judges. ...:)
But America is not prosperous. Where are they coming up with this? What criteria are they using?

The middle class is shrinking, poverty is growing. 20% get government assistance -- make that 50% for children.

Employment? High employment numbers are misleading. People are listed as employed if they work only an hour a week. Employers prefer part time workers, to avoid required benefits. Many must work multiple, part time jobs. 40 hours at minimum wage will rarely pay for even a one bedroom apartment.

There are homeless sleeping rough all over town, and begging on street corners. Wages have been largely stagnant for 40 years, infrastructure is obsolete and in serious need of repair. We have a crisis in education, housing and healthcare. Income inequality is reminiscent of the 1920s.

True, the stock market is up, and the rich are making money hand over fist. But is this "The Economy?" Government is no longer serving the needs of the common people; we are no longer prosperous. Benefits to the rich are increasing while desperately needed social services are being cut. Nothing gets done unless someone can make a profit on it.

Internationally, the US has pissed off nearly everyone. We've destabilized regions all over the world. We've increased insecurity. Even here in the American Heimat. People are building walls, buying guns and stockpiling ammunition.
We are not a land of peace and prosperity.
Trump's greatest vulnerability is the economy – just ask poor Americans | Reverend William Barber

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
But America is not prosperous. Where are they coming up with this? What criteria are they using?

The middle class is shrinking, poverty is growing. 20% get government assistance -- make that 50% for children.

Employment? High employment numbers are misleading. People are listed as employed if they work only an hour a week. Employers prefer part time workers, to avoid required benefits. Many must work multiple, part time jobs. 40 hours at minimum wage will rarely pay for even a one bedroom apartment.

There are homeless sleeping rough all over town, and begging on street corners. Wages have been largely stagnant for 40 years, infrastructure is obsolete and in serious need of repair. We have a crisis in education, housing and healthcare. Income inequality is reminiscent of the 1920s.

True, the stock market is up, and the rich are making money hand over fist. But is this "The Economy?" Government is no longer serving the needs of the common people; we are no longer prosperous. Benefits to the rich are increasing while desperately needed social services are being cut. Nothing gets done unless someone can make a profit on it.

Internationally, the US has pissed off nearly everyone. We've destabilized regions all over the world. We've increased insecurity. Even here in the American Heimat. People are building walls, buying guns and stockpiling ammunition.
We are not a land of peace and prosperity.
Trump's greatest vulnerability is the economy – just ask poor Americans | Reverend William Barber
In today's news...
Americans say they feel the current economy is the best since the late 1990s
While things are uneven, as you say, I notice around here that the economy is strong.
A young single carpenter I know is buying a house.
Jobs go unfilled because of a worker shortage.
Contractors are scheduled far in advance.
I have room to raise my rates on rentals.
Things could be (& have been) worse.

Caution though....I see risk factors.
I perceive a housing bubble.
And the risk of war looms, albeit less than recently.

Last edited:

metis

So, basically what you are saying is that it's all about money. Do you really think Jesus would agree with you on that?

BTW, just three final things: were you ever concerned about the ramping-up of deficit and were you ever concerned about the issues of honesty and racism? If so, then let me recommend doing some serious studying from non-partisan sources, and I can link you to several of them if you're truly interested.

pearl

If we remember the vise presidential debates that Biden participated in, it is not an arena that he ever did well in. I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with dementia.

metis

If we remember the vise presidential debates that Biden participated in, it is not an arena that he ever did well in. I don't think that necessarily has anything to do with dementia.
I agree. A dynamic speaker is not he.

But what's so bizarre is that the OP questions his possible "dementia" but doesn't even question Trump's many lies and distortions.

pearl

But what's so bizarre is that the OP questions his possible "dementia" but doesn't even question Trump's many lies and distortions.

I would hate to see the two behaviors equated. Trump's is premeditated, deliberately dishonest.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I agree. A dynamic speaker is not he.

The OP was generously waiting for you to
make it about Trump instead of Biden.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I can't really say either way. It's hard to tell whether any of the politicians are sane or even that physically healthy. Even some of the younger ones seem like they're a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
Lol. I'd have to agree with that assessment.