• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judaism: Do christians fulfill the requirements of the noahide laws via j.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Deut 13:1 said:
In your opinion, do christians, by following what they believe also abide by the noahide laws?

i think that they do....tho one could make the arguement that the crucifix as well as the saints and icons of the Catholic and Orthodox Churches respectively can be considered Idol Worship.

Tho i believe their hearts are in the right place and they truely believe they are following and praying to HaShem....i think that's more important than technicalities really...

Deut 13:1

jewscout said:
i think that they do....tho one could make the arguement that the crucifix as well as the saints and icons of the Catholic and Orthodox Churches respectively can be considered Idol Worship.

Tho i believe their hearts are in the right place and they truely believe they are following and praying to HaShem....i think that's more important than technicalities really...
Does having your heart in the right place all that matter?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Does having your heart in the right place all that matter?

well obviously they should follow the 7 noahidic laws...but i think most christians follow those laws even if one could argue the point on idolitry...

look i think it's obvious that the jewish people are held to a higher standard as the "older brother" in this situation which is why they have a little more leeway...i mean even an orthodox rabbi told me that all non-jews have to do is "be a good person" and that's all HaShem wants from them...i mean how vague can you get?? and that's a rabbi for crying out loud...a good and very brilliant one i might add.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Same faith debate forum is for debates held by members of the same faith ONLY.

in this case, Jews and Judaism.

jewscout said:
well obviously they should follow the 7 noahidic laws...but i think most christians follow those laws even if one could argue the point on idolitry...

look i think it's obvious that the jewish people are held to a higher standard as the "older brother" in this situation which is why they have a little more leeway...i mean even an orthodox rabbi told me that all non-jews have to do is "be a good person" and that's all HaShem wants from them...i mean how vague can you get?? and that's a rabbi for crying out loud...a good and very brilliant one i might add.
What's the difference between Christians and Satanists???

If they both believe they're being good people, on what scale do you say this is right and this is wrong?

For example, some people don't think 'white' lies are wrong. Without a impartial scale to measure the "moral" thing for gentiles to do, then if they believe they're a good person, that supercedes the idolatry and is okay in your opinion? What about if it was theft?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
What's the difference between Christians and Satanists???

If they both believe they're being good people, on what scale do you say this is right and this is wrong?

For example, some people don't think 'white' lies are wrong. Without a impartial scale to measure the "moral" thing for gentiles to do, then if they believe they're a good person, that supercedes the idolatry and is okay in your opinion? What about if it was theft?

but there's a problem there...theft is contained w/in the 7 noahic laws therefore to commit theft would be in violation of said law.

do we consider praying to or through a 2000 year old dead Jew idolitry for a gentile? I was always under the impression that the 7 Laws of Noah had some "wiggle-room" if you will. Is this correct? are gentiles held to the same standard as Jews when it comes to following their list of Mitzvot??

jewscout said:
but there's a problem there...theft is contained w/in the 7 noahic laws therefore to commit theft would be in violation of said law.

do we consider praying to or through a 2000 year old dead Jew idolitry for a gentile? I was always under the impression that the 7 Laws of Noah had some "wiggle-room" if you will. Is this correct? are gentiles held to the same standard as Jews when it comes to following their list of Mitzvot??
How much "wiggle-room" is okay?