• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Judgment Day Quran vs Bible

Muffled

Jesus in me
Ok, maybe you are right. Luckily I don't think it really matters what we think about the time after comeback of Jesus, we will see it then.
I believe seeing His return is only partially helpful. As God said in the OT: My people perish for lack of knowledge.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If you are a Christian, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.
Which Judgement Day ?
First, we find a coming day (time period) of judgement at Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation - Matthew 25:31-34,37,40
Second, there is a 1000-year Judgement Day for the resurrected ones who can inherit the Earth - Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe that is about where my wife stood. She didn't know God from Adam but she did receive Jesus as Lord and Savior and I feel pretty sure she went back to Heaven because she can't stand evil including her own.
In order to 'go back' one would have to have first been somewhere
At Adam's death Adam did Not go back to Heaven because Adam was never in Heaven
Rather, Adam ' returned ' back to where he came from the dust of the ground - Gen. 2:17; 3:19
A person can Not go back returning to a place they never were before
Jesus can resurrect the sleeping dead (Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14) to Heaven, or to be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth, or as Acts 24:15 says 'there will be' (future tense) a resurrection of both the 'righteous and unrighteous' (KJV says just and unjust) these are the ones who can inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
( Those resurrected to Heaven are called as the saints or holy ones - Daniel 7:18; Rev. 20:6; 2:10 )

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I believe that is about where my wife stood. She didn't know God from Adam but she did receive Jesus as Lord and Savior and I feel pretty sure she went back to Heaven because she can't stand evil including her own.
Oh I know the difference between God and Adam. But otherwise, yes, I agree about your wife.

I believe seeing His return is only partially helpful. As God said in the OT: My people perish for lack of knowledge.
Please tell also where is "My people perish for lack of knowledge" in the Bible. Not that I don't believe it is said in the OT, but I think that is a great scripture and would like to know where is it in the Bible.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Rather, Adam ' returned ' back to where he came from the dust of the ground - Gen. 2:17; 3:19
Jesus can resurrect the sleeping dead (Psalm 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5; John 11:11-14) to Heaven, or to be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth, or as Acts 24:15 says 'there will be' (future tense) a resurrection of both the 'righteous and unrighteous' (KJV says just and unjust) these are the ones who can inherit the Earth as Jesus promised at Matt. 5:5 from Psalms 37:9-11; 22:26
( Those resurrected to Heaven are called as the saints or holy ones - Daniel 7:18; Rev. 20:6; 2:10 )
I believe that I met my wife in Heaven and fell in love there. When I went back into human form she followed and we eventually married and had three children.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oh I know the difference between God and Adam. But otherwise, yes, I agree about your wife.
I knew God through reading the Bible and then He spoke to me. Even after all these years with Him I probably still don't know HIm very well because His intelligence and knowledge are far above mine.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Please tell also where is "My people perish for lack of knowledge" in the Bible. Not that I don't believe it is said in the OT, but I think that is a great scripture and would like to know where is it in the Bible.
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;
Yes, even as Jeremiah wrote (2:8) even the priests, those handling the law, the shepherds and prophets did Not ask for God
See also 2nd Kings 17:15-16 because the people imitated the nations ( Sound familiar today ______ )

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
See chapter 4 of Hosea because God had a legal case against the Israelites because there was No knowledge of God in the land.
That did Not mean they did Not have knowledge, such as: the Israelites knew they were delivered in the past, etc. - Hosea 8:2
Rather, it was their behavior, their course in life, of murder, stealing, adultery, etc. showed they rejected knowledge - Hosea 4:2
Rejecting knowledge of even the Ten Commandments
Even though God had allowed time for the people to repent - Amos 5:6
Thus, little by little lured into badness because they lost sight of how important the knowledge of God is - Hosea 8:14
One might say they forgot God in their hearts - Hosea 13:6
Sounds familiar today. The Bible is available but how many try to take in the knowledge of God - John 17:3

Jedster

@InvestigateTruth

The Jews have a judgement day every new year(Rosh Hashsna) when every Jew is judged(by God). I remember every year in my community we would go down to a local river and throw bits and pieces into the river, which represented our sins being thrown away.
That was along time ago(60+ years), I am no longer religious, so I may have some of the details wrong.

servant1

If you are a Jew, please explain in one Paragraph, briefly what is the Judgement Day in your belief and what's supposed to happen?

If you are a Christian, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.

If you are a Muslim, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.

It will be interesting to see, how different Religions understand it, and if there are differences between them.
First of all the real Christian view =
God has already passed judgement on sin= The wages sin pays is death. Thus upon ones death all sin is acquitted( Romans 6:7)--So the bible teaches this reality=
At Daniel 12:2-3 ( speaking of the resurrection) Some will be made righteous.-- Both the righteous and unrighteous get resurrected. It cannot be speaking about the resurrected righteous, they are already righteous. Thus it is showing God is so loving and merciful, the unrighteous resurrected get a second chance since God cannot rejudge them on past sins when the wages have been paid in full at death. This occurs under Jesus' rule as king when satan is abyssed and there are no satan influences around. All things will be made back to perfection during that reign.
In the false scenario, some teach the unrighteous will be judged instantly to condemnation. But then why would God let satan back out for a little while and sick him on the righteous? He wouldn't, it makes no sense for that scenario, but, loosed to test the unrighteous ones faith once given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will. Some will fall and be destroyed. The ones who remain faithful get their names written in Gods book of life.
Truly God is love, and this is the reality of what the bible really teaches.

Muffled

Jesus in me
John 3:13 My wife and I met in Heaven and fell in love there. When I returned to earth she followed.

Muffled

Jesus in me
First of all the real Christian view =
God has already passed judgement on sin= The wages sin pays is death. Thus upon ones death all sin is acquitted( Romans 6:7)--So the bible teaches this reality=
At Daniel 12:2-3 ( speaking of the resurrection) Some will be made righteous.-- Both the righteous and unrighteous get resurrected. It cannot be speaking about the resurrected righteous, they are already righteous. Thus it is showing God is so loving and merciful, the unrighteous resurrected get a second chance since God cannot rejudge them on past sins when the wages have been paid in full at death. This occurs under Jesus' rule as king when satan is abyssed and there are no satan influences around. All things will be made back to perfection during that reign.
In the false scenario, some teach the unrighteous will be judged instantly to condemnation. But then why would God let satan back out for a little while and sick him on the righteous? He wouldn't, it makes no sense for that scenario, but, loosed to test the unrighteous ones faith once given an opportunity to learn and apply Gods will. Some will fall and be destroyed. The ones who remain faithful get their names written in Gods book of life.
Truly God is love, and this is the reality of what the bible really teaches.
Judgment has been passed on sin but not on salvation. The last judgment decides whether your name is in the book of life.

servant1

Judgment has been passed on sin but not on salvation. The last judgment decides whether your name is in the book of life.
Yes i agree, after the resurrection all will be given a chance to learn and apply Gods will. With no satan influences under Jesus' kingship, not until the very end of that 1000 year reign when satan is loosed fora little while to test the resurrected ones faith, some will fall= negative judgement, some will stand and have their names written in Gods book of life. Then satan, demons and death and Hades(grave)all get thrown into the lake of fire=eternal destruction., All is back to perfection=the new earth, new heavens. Gods kingdom rule over all creation= forever.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Which 'last' judgement?__________ because there is the coming judgement for the 'sheep & goats' (Matt. 25:31-34 ,37,40) besides the last judgement at the end of Jesus' Millennium-Long day of governing over Earth

The figurative goats have their last or final judgement when Jesus comes - Isaiah 11:3-4; Rev. 19:14-15
The rest mankind alive on Earth have a final or last judgement at the end of Jesus' 1,000 year reign over Earth

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
If you are a Jew, please explain in one Paragraph, briefly what is the Judgement Day in your belief and what's supposed to happen?

If you are a Muslim, please explain briefly in your own words what is Judgement Day.

It will be interesting to see, how different Religions understand it, and if there are differences between them.

My thoughts my words?

We live our lives the way we live them, everything we do and all we experience shapes who we are. In the judgement, with all things considered, the next life cycle is determined according to need, ability, and our developmental requirements as individuals. How this takes place may b some type of gene coding and sequencing specific to ourselves, and how we are brought to the next life is a mystery to me, but I will presume through our offspring (if we have any) and through the natural recycle and transformation dynamic associated with all things existing.

A biblical scripture suggests that some will go into everlasting (an age) of death and others into everlasting (an age) of life. I will presume this alludes to which is needed most, which apparently varies from person to person.

1. a departure or decrease of our less productive and limiting qualities (an age of death and decrease).
2. an increase in those things most beneficial (an age of life and increase).

For example: This lifetime for me has been one of limitation, involving a decrease of bad habits and less productive traits. I have managed to adopt more beneficial traits over the span of my life, but I will also likely be required to sit the greater benefit of these out until next round, next life cycle.

Others, I'm sure have fared much more abundantly than I have.

Evolutionary advancement for our ongoing survival is what I presume.

Last edited:
As a Christian I see more than one judgment. So I would ask which one you would like me to speak to.

There is a judgment seat of Christ for all those who have eternal redemption.
There is a judgment of nations that are alive to pass through the last 3.5 years of this age - the great tribulation.
There is what I would call the last judgment after the millennial kingdom of all the dead.

Each of them are not easy to cover thoroughly with "brief" words.
But which would you be interested in me discussing?

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a Christian I see more than one judgment. So I would ask which one you would like me to speak to.

There is a judgment seat of Christ for all those who have eternal redemption.
There is a judgment of nations that are alive to pass through the last 3.5 years of this age - the great tribulation.
There is what I would call the last judgment after the millennial kingdom of all the dead.

Each of them are not easy to cover thoroughly with "brief" words.
But which would you be interested in me discussing?
Your screen name reminded me of an old Jefferson Airplane song that I've always liked - Good Sheherd. This might make a good church hymn. See if doesn't have you tapping your toes!

I must confess that this is the first time I've seen the lyrics. I always thought it was once for Paul, once for Simon (not one for Silas). But I was listening to this on vinyl in a dorm room, and the fidelity of the sound wasn't this good:

If you want to get to heaven
Over on the other shore
Stay out of the way of the blood-stained bandit
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

One for Paul
One for Silas
One for to make my heart rejoice
Can't you hear my lambs are callin'
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

If you want (if you want) to get to heaven
Over on (over on) the other shore
Stay out of the way of the long-tongue liar
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

One for Paul
One for Silas
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

If you want to get to heaven (if you want to get to heaven)
Over on the other shore (over on the other shore)
Stay out of the way of the gun shot devil
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep

One for Paul
One for Silas
Oh good shepherd
Feed my sheep