• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just got kicked off another forum...woo-hoo!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
So I came here hoping that I can say whatever I feel needs to be said within the bounds of decency. That means freely evangelizing, etc.

Case in point, a Mormon on the LDS site expressed that she felt a particular LDS doctrine was possibly "blasphemous," and said "yes, it definitely is as far as I'm concerned; here's what the Bible says... and so." The next thing I knew, I was banned.

So, do I have to fear that sort of thing here? Or is this really a free forum?

(Sorry if I sound a bit "miffed." I'll get over it.)

Welcome inquirer. It has been my experience on this forum that if you make an attempt to abide by the rules, the moderators here will make an attempt to let you stay here and participate in this forum.

To update my situation I was talking about earlier, I agreed to not post any heresy and I got my posting privileges reinstated. I made a post to try to fix my previous posts and make everyone happy:
The disciples asked Jesus, please show us the Father and he said, have I not been with you all this time.
I hope I did not cause any misunderstanding on this thread.
Instead of making anyone happy by trying to be orthodox, by conceding to the Deity of Jesus, I got permanently banned for discussing the trinity. Of course this was on a "religious" forum and there is no written rule about discussing the Trinity, only against promoting heresy. I figured posting my reading a verse out of the Gospel would be OK, and I explained what I was doing (to the moderators). In return they claimed I lied when I agreed to not say that Jesus was not "the Almighty God". I figured, here was one verse that would support that view and went ahead and posted it. That one post, that was nothing but quoting the Bible, got me thrown out.
Of course they have every right to do that. For all I know, they could have searched this thread and noticed me quoting my post from their site and decided to use any method to ban me. Again, that is their right and if they have a policy of punishing people for writing about them, then fine.
I do not harbor any animosity towards them. You have to have relationships and if they do not like my personal views or my freely speaking my mind, then I do not belong there, anyway. Better to part ways, without hard feelings.

Last edited:

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend enquirer,

Your approach is that of a knower and not an enquirer; however, do not know if you go agaisnt teh forum rules but would surely like to share whatever you know and open to know.
Love & rgds

Friend enquirer,

Your approach is that of a knower and not an enquirer; however, do not know if you go agaisnt teh forum rules but would surely like to share whatever you know and open to know.
Love & rgds
Apparently that is not appreciated everywhere. They do seem to have a philosophy, that they state, that you can bring up certain topics if you do it in a way that you are asking people for help to "get right".
If you come at it as someone who wants to inform others, they do not approve. I guess that is my problem (to them). I come off as being self assured about my beliefs. That was the post that got removed. A poster asked me how I deal with John 1:1. I said that I "start by asking the Holy Spirit to guide me in understanding and then read the Bible and all the various commentaries and all the Early Christian Writers and Church history and spend a lot of time, over many years to come up with a conclusion." Something like that. I am writing this from memory because the post was deleted. Anyway, that was enough of an attitude to have this post removed. Amazing to me. I was not saying anything about my opinion, just saying how I came to my opinion. Like you said, or what I think you said, it is not appreciated to come off like you know something. Well, their loss. Maybe I come off as being arrogant and this would not be the first time.

I guess I have to apologize to the people I have been talking about.
They finally checked my posts and figured out they goofed up.
I guess everyone is happy. So, maybe there is a lesson to be learned, here. If you are a poster on a forum and you get in trouble with the moderators, turn off your computer, go outside and take a walk, eat something and take a nap. Once you feel better and not about to scream, turn your computer back on and calmly discuss the problem and try to come to an agreement. Try to refrain from name calling and ranting. Things may work out, in the end.

Last edited: