• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just realized I've been praying to a framed picture of Obi-Wan Kenobi instead of Saint Francis. How do I fix this?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
IMO you should just be sincere with yourself, Frank, and be satisfied that you made a honest mistake with no malice.

Take the measures that are proper without inflicting aggressive feelings or actions to yourself or any others. That should be enough.

IMO it has to be enough; we can't live our lives carrying grief for honest mistakes that harm no one. We are fallible and we owe to ourselves and to the people that might benefit from our emotional balance not to be shaken just because there was such a mistake.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Oh go ahead and leave Obi Wan up but add St. Francis if you like. I mean, it doesn't much matter WHICH PICTURE you are praying to as long as you are praying to a particular saint.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Saint Francis is the patron saint of the animals, of the environment and of the economically disadvantage.

Saint Francis

I wonder how he gets along with other archetypes that utilize money by investors who earned it illegitimately to buy meat and who utilize the transportation department and transportation routes to feed the homeless and those economically disadvantaged? It's crazy machine we live in here, and each part of the machine plays a role in its operation. I sometimes wonder if there's even a slim hope of ever truly being in agreement, or must we submit to certain aspects of life being contrary to our personal values. That's the gist isn't it? I like St Francis, but then I also like Bael and others quite different than those two. Obe Wan was a fairly great teacher of the Jedi if I'm not mistaken. I like him too. Of course, Vader (young Anakin) was quite the prodigy also, eh?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/they/it/neopronouns
Has Saint Francis shown signs of not liking the photo? If not keep it. Has he helped you out even with that photo? Then he likely dont have a problem with it.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Does anyone know what Francis looked like?
No. Franciscus lived in the 12th and 13th centuries, and portraits of the time were not exactly realistic. They were also most likely from memory, so the accuracy is somewhat comparable with a police sketch. Alec Guinness could easily be mistaken for him by existing pictures and sculptures.