• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Just surfed in...now I'm registered :-)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
LOL...knock yourself out! Mmmm...virtual voyeurism :clap

Caladan, I'm curious, what do you mean by "Jungian thought to be an 'easy listening' philosophy" ? Specifically, I'm curious what aspect of Jungian thought you have in mind. I would just like to orient myself here.
Jungian psychology touches concepts that when presented to the layman, like in 'Man and his symbols', offers ideas which people may find themselves connected to. archetypes, synchronicity, universal and collective ideas.
In this regard, on the other hand Freudian psychology seems less engaging for many people.

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Jungian psychology touches concepts that when presented to the layman, like in 'Man and his symbols', offers ideas which people may find themselves connected to. archetypes, synchronicity, universal and collective ideas.
In this regard, on the other hand Freudian psychology seems less engaging for many people.

I understand, and agree for the most part though I find that often those very concepts you mention are oversimplified and removed from the larger context of Jungian and post-Jungian thought when they appear in more mainstream writings...I suppose my rambling would be better suited to a thread outside of the introductions! Thank you Caladan for the clarification.

ryynänen47

Little Old Heathen Lady
Hello!

Welcome to Religious Forums. Nice to see another Heathen/Asatruar here :)

Peace and Long Life,

Ryynänen47

blackout

Violet.
Welcome L.Keane.

YOur intro is quite compelling!
Can't wait to read your thoughts on things.
I really mean that.

~UV~