• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Katie's Revenge

RevOxley_501

Saw this on my news page, very interesting:

Inmate Charged With Tattooing Killer
Monday, October 30th, 2006 at 9:10amAn inmate accused of forcibly tattooing a slain 10-year-old girl's name onto her killer's forehead in an Indiana prison was the victim's cousin, a family friend said.
Jared Harris, 22, is a cousin of Katlyn "Katie" Collman, family friend and spokesman Terry Gray confirmed to The Republic newspaper. He said he did not believe they knew each other well.
Harris, 22, who is serving time on a burglary conviction at Wabash Valley state prison in Carlisle, has been charged with battery and is accused of tattooing "KATIE'S REVENGE" across Anthony Ray Stockelman's forehead.
Harris told prison officials the attack was in revenge, according to an affidavit.
Stockelman is serving a life sentence after pleading guilty to abducting, molesting and killing the fourth-grader, who lived about 70 miles south of Indianapolis. She was missing for five days before her body was found Jan. 30, 2005, in a creek about 15 miles from her home.
The affidavit said that prison officials transferred Harris to the same prison wing as Stockelman on Sept. 19, three days before the attack, and that Harris subsequently threatened Stockelman's life several times.
Harris slipped into the open cell Stockelman shared with another prisoner on Sept. 22 and, when Stockelman returned, Harris closed the locking cell door, according to the affidavit.
Stockelman told investigators that Harris put his right hand around his throat and told him, "I'm either gonna stick you and leave you bleeding or I'm gonna tattoo you." After applying the tattoo using a makeshift tattoo gun, Harris discarded the device in a trash can, he told investigators.

link:http://cordele.mediacomtoday.com/co....php?source=National&id=D8L2KR1O0&pd=20061030

RevOxley_501

yea, i think its hilarious...cept for the whole dead/raped little girl part...but it is an excellent way to mark him for life

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I guess that is a good way to get revenge as an alternative to spilling thier blood.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
I imagine that it was meant in the 'one wrong doesn't neccessitate another' sense. (My apologies to Jamaesi if it wasn't.)

It was.

What that man did to Katie was horrible and wrong- but that doesn't mean it is okay to do mob justice to them. He's in jail, he is being punished. Sort of an eye for an eye leaves the world blind thing... :/

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
jamaesi said:
It was.

What that man did to Katie was horrible and wrong- but that doesn't mean it is okay to do mob justice to them. He's in jail, he is being punished. Sort of an eye for an eye leaves the world blind thing... :/
No, an eye for an eye would have been if he'd abducted, raped and murdered him. As it is, he only tattood his forehead. Not a nice thing to see in the mirror, but I sincerely doubt he'll be needing to impress anyone with his looks any time soon. When he's in that position - should it ever happen - I imagine he can have it removed. As it is, it still could have been worse...he could have had 'I am a child mollesting, murdering scum'. It was inventive and really, pretty restrained.

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
I'm wondering were the molestation came into the story from? This story was covered very heavily by the local media here in Louisville, KY (we're not that far from were it happened) and as I recall Katie was killed because she stumbled upon a meth lab by accident, kind of a wrong place wrong time type of situation.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
No, an eye for an eye would have been if he'd abducted, raped and murdered him. As it is, he only tattood his forehead. Not a nice thing to see in the mirror, but I sincerely doubt he'll be needing to impress anyone with his looks any time soon. When he's in that position - should it ever happen - I imagine he can have it removed. As it is, it still could have been worse...he could have had 'I am a child mollesting, murdering scum'. It was inventive and really, pretty restrained.

So if I violently lash out at someone who has done wrong it's okay as long as that is less severe than what they did wrong?

I don't celebrate acts of violence.

RevOxley_501

jamaesi said:
So if I violently lash out at someone who has done wrong it's okay as long as that is less severe than what they did wrong?

I don't celebrate acts of violence.

my purpose of posting the article wasnt to condone revenge, i just found the article very interesting

and the act of violence we refer to is humorous to me---his sin is displayed on his forhead forever

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Pardus said:
So if such a drug was legally distributed the girl would not have been killed.

Exactly, many libertarian politicians in the area used this case in their campaigns to justify their stance on decriminalization of drug use.

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Or the drugs that meth is made from could have had their production severely restricted or halted and there would be no meth now.

I am all for the legalisation of marijuana and other natural drugs that don't mess people up like harder and chemical drugs do.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
++++MOD POST++++

A general reminder- this thread is in the 'discussion' area. Please resist the urge to respond to possibly insulting posts and funnel it into reporting those posts instead.

Thanks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++