• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kids of lesbians have fewer behavioral problems, study suggests

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Jesus is God (many scriptures). As God, Jesus is the one who gave Moses the Levitical law against gay sex to begin with; and he's the one who inspires all Scripture (2 Timothy 3:16), including prohibitions against gay sex in Romans 1:26-27 and I Corinthians 6:9-10, etc. There you go!
Sorry, Paul does not equal Jesus. Jesus is Jesus, and was a very good man. Paul OTOH was the very opposite of Jesus.

queer.png

God didn't make you queer. And even if you were born that way gay sex remains a sin, so unless people can't control their zippers then they need to pay better attention to God's admonitions against gay sex sin.
God did indeed make me the way I am. I can "control my zipper" but its not my fault that I can love someone of either gender. I find women to be more attractive, but some men have some good qualities. God also put me in the wrong body. If he has a problem with me loving another woman or becoming a woman, then that is his problem, not mine.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
I think that the children of LGBT parents may do better simply because they are raised to be more tolerant and accepting of others. They will also be under less stress about their own sexuality.
This is not to say ALL gay parents are great parents. Just as ALL hetero parents are not great parents. Just that teaching respect and tolerance contributes to a well rounded child.

Just as teaching bigotry and hatred contributes to children being of the same character, and is tantamount to emotional child neglect.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

Several posts in this thread have been deleted because they quoted a post that also needed to be deleted for obvious reasons.

Smoke

Done here.
I don't do it. But I will stand up for the Word of God whenever gay sin is promoted or defended and provide the rest of the story.

You first clue that your god is imaginary is the necessity of standing up for his "Word."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
i know one such child and he was always nervous, embarrassed and shy when people speak of his lesbian parents.
There are always exceptions. They key words in any study are generally, usually, or tends.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
And I know a few hundred such kids and overall I think they're doing better than average. My own, of course, are absolutely amazing.: hamster :

averageJOE

zombie
i know one such child and he was always nervous, embarrassed and shy when people speak of his lesbian parents.
I know many more children who always became nervous, embarrassed and shy and sad and depressed and angry and lost and alone when people speak of their drunk and abusive hetro parents.

Last edited:

Duck

Yeah. And, to complete the picture, the man of the house has been all along showing a strange fascination with gay sex....

Truth. As mentioned in another thread, right-wingers spend more time thinking about gay sex than gay men do.

Wannabe Yogi

I don't do it. But I will stand up for the Word of God whenever gay sin is promoted or defended and provide the rest of the story.

You came out on the short side of this argument. Maybe you should go back to the drawing board and come up with a new strategy to defend your faith. Like trying to be polite.