• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kill This Thread!

4consideration

Premium Member
Congratulations!

Today is your lucky day!

All posts after this one will be considered a request to receive our Special Prize, the newly revised collection of essays:

4consideration's Opinion -- on Everything!

This attractive 333 volume set is alphabetized for your convenience, contains handy cross-referencing features, is chock full of personal anecdotes (for your reading pleasure) and comes complete with a unique bonus volume: How to Chose a Metaphor, for any Occasion!

Last edited:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Done.
eric-northman-o.gif

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
Unlike the US government, I am giving a warning. If this thread continues, I have nukes, I will drop them.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Post after this to signify that Kilgore Trout is your god and master, and your whole life is dedicated to his pleasure and comfort.

Let the list begin:

BLESSINGS and HIS Holy Word be upon you all:

It is in the MIGHT of the light and Shadow that we are "One". But it is a "One" that can only BE contemplated. It is never BEING contemplated, that is an ILLUSION perpetuated by the Dark ONE. "BEING" implies the progression of Time, but Time is a construct created by your self-ego to deny the Source and the Reality of Non-Time. Quantum physics teaches this. Einstein and Jesus are SAGES from the realm of the Source, trying to help the little fish who are stranded in the little pool trapped by their self-ego. The key is to let go of the selfish childish belief that you are "you". You are not you, instead you are ALL. Only when you realize this can you accept Cosmic LOVE. That is the purpose of all BEing.

I. APPARENT LOVE OF OTHERS BY PROJECTION OF THE EGO

This is Idolatrous Love, in which the ego is projected onto another being [eg.; "Jesus"]. The pretension to divinity as "distinct" has left my organism and is now fixed on the organism of the other. The affective situation is one in which the other has taken my place in my scale of values. I desire the existence of the other-idol, against everything that is opposed to him. I no longer love my own organism except insofar as it is the faithful servant of the idol; apart from that I have no further sentiments towards my organism, I am indifferent to it, and, if necessary, I can give my life for the safety of my idol (I can sacrifice my organism to my Ego fixed on the idol; like Empedocles throwing himself down the crater of Etna in order to immortalize his Ego). As for the rest of the world, I hate it if it is hostile to my idol; if it is not hostile and if my contemplation of the idol fills me with joy (that is to say, with egotistical affirmation), I love indiscriminately all the rest of the world. If the idolized being rejects me to the point of forbidding me all possession of my Ego in him, the apparent love can be turned to hate.

from ’Zen and the Psychology of Transformation: The Supreme Doctrine’, by Hubert Benoit

Isaiah 26:9
With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

5. John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

6. Job 12:9
Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath wrought this?

7. 2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

4. Pi Spinkles 3:16
And yay, Mystery Science Theater 3000 The Movie came out, and yay, Spinkles saw it, and he saw that it was goodness. And they basked in its righteousness.

8. Genesis 8:22
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

9. John 1:3
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

10. Proverbs 13:11
Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathereth by labour shall increase.

http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthesun/sevenlevels.htm

It's not HIS Way or the highway, because HIS Way IS the "High" Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sacredheartjesus.jpg

Last edited: