• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Kissing in public

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Are you okay with it, or do you hate seeing people doing it just to show off?
Kissing in public can often be sweet and charming. If, however, there is some serious tongue lashing going on, I might raise an eyebrow and suggest someone get a fire-hose to cool them down.

It has never really occurred to me that people were "showing off" though. That just strikes me as being a very weird observation and I would likely be far more concerned about a person making such a comment than I would about the act they were commenting on. But, that's just me.

dust1n

Zindīq
I mostly have more important things to think about than how a stranger couple choose to display their intimacy and satisfy one another, let alone be offended by it.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
It makes me feel sad because it reminds me of what a failure I am, but I don't think it should be illegal or anything, if that's what you're asking.

pwfaith

To me there's a difference between a short, affectionate kiss (doesn't bother me at all - in fact, I think it's charming) and practically making out (get a room).

I agree. I also agree that it depends on where it is in relation to where I am. Seeing it across the way by a couple sitting on a park bench, eh, I don't care, even if it's prolonged a bit. Directly in front of me in line, I prefer a quick kiss or mild fr. kiss. Once it goes beyond a few seconds, into minutes with hand action, not cool.