• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Knowledge makes life gray

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Blood cells aren't cool? Someone needs to watch The Magic School Bus TV Show again...
[youtube]fhTHLpXbgcg[/youtube]
The Magic School Bus Inside Ralphie (1/3) - YouTube

But seriously how much joy you get out of the world is all about how much you put in to it. How cool is it that our planet is zooming along through space orbiting a giant explosion made of even more explosions that will keep exploding for billions of years until it goes up in one explosion beyond our wildest dreams! If you're determined to think of it as a boring ball of gas with a bunch of rocks and other gases around it, then you're the one being the grouch, not reality.

jojowedge

i remember a philosopher, i think it was nietzsche who wrote that suffering and happiness comes hand in hand. If you want to experience the most happiness, you'd have to be ready to suffer.

In some sense, i believe ignorance is a bliss, but i'd rather be off knowing because it helps me with my survival. I'm somewhat against plato's allegory of the cave. Why bother leaving the cave? Why was neo in the matrix right? I sympathyze more with cypher than neo

waitasec

Veteran Member
I've matured last year, maybe a couple years ago, and all it has led me is to a grey area. Anyone else feel that? I don't really consider it "depression" since I'm not that sad about it, but it just seems... dull.

When I think to back when I was a kid, everything was colorful to me, brighter and more amazing to me.

Does it have to do with knowledge?

What sounds more fun to believe in - The sun is a big lightbulb in the sky or the fact that it is an enormous ball of gas?

That dandelions are flowers or that they are just weeds?

That the earth is flat and extends on forever, or that it is round and just a result of rocks colliding with other rocks from gravity?

That the Indians and Pilgrims sat down and had a feast together in happiness or that those peaceful Indians were raped and robbed and murdered?

Don't get me wrong, knowledge is very important and necessary, but it seems to be a major killjoy in our lives.

the process of attaining knowledge is anything but boring...
:)