• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

kylixguru vs. savagewind: What Is the Creation Account?

kylixguru

I will present arguments purporting that the Creation Account pertains to a non-cosmic, geopolitical and local in scope blueprint for a tribal collective.

You will present arguments defending the orthodox view of the Jehovah Witness religion, or else your personal views if they differ and if you prefer.

Okay?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I meant in school one has to think according to directions. And I don't think I know how to do that.

kylixguru

You have to go first.
Okay, here we go.

I would like to point out a phrase in Genesis 2:4, which says:

These are the generations...

What I take this to mean is that all of the previous things mentioned in Genesis 1 and Genesis 2:1-3 were actually a metaphor for something else, people.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The beginning of Genesis is a metaphor of the predominant attitudes of people. And I'm suppose to argue AGAINST that?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I would also like to argue that the creation account itself is prophecy, not history.

Everyone knows it is the most powerful prophesy ever Genesis 3:15. The rest of it? It is picturing man's resignation against his own interest. It is not history.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I will present arguments purporting that the Creation Account pertains to a non-cosmic, geopolitical and local in scope blueprint for a tribal collective.

You will present arguments defending the orthodox view of the Jehovah Witness religion, or else your personal views if they differ and if you prefer.

Okay?

I was never a Jehovah's Witness apologist. And I never will be. Sorry you read me wrong. I WAS a Jehovah's Witness. I was educated in the Bible by them. OK?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you have an idea about what Genesis 3:15 means? Jehovah's Witnesses say the bruising in the heal means Jesus' execution. And the bruising in the head means Satan's execution. I give credence to the bruising the heal definition but in no way do I assume the bruising in the head is Satan's death.

kylixguru

I was never a Jehovah's Witness apologist. And I never will be. Sorry you read me wrong. I WAS a Jehovah's Witness. I was educated in the Bible by them. OK?
Understood. I'd prefer to just know your personal beliefs, but do let me know if you vary with the JW's on things as I like to understand religions.

You should also know, JW isn't a religion I have a lot of interest in because I don't view it as being of divine origins like other religions are that have actual prophets who receive "thus saith the Lord" oracles.

kylixguru

Do you have an idea about what Genesis 3:15 means? Jehovah's Witnesses say the bruising in the heal means Jesus' execution. And the bruising in the head means Satan's execution. I give credence to the bruising the heal definition but in no way do I assume the bruising in the head is Satan's death.
This prophecy pertains to the battle that is going on between certain bloodlines. You have the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent. They are distinct lineages.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sometimes I wonder if "in the beginning" can mean in the beginning of the writing of the Book. And that Genesis 1:2 means the end of man. THEN the Book was written.

kylixguru

For every action there is a reaction. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. And, that is how the process of judgment works.
When we are resurrected all of our former characteristics are restored to us.
If we were a person possessed of evil in this life, that same evil will have power over us in our resurrection in our "world to come".